Petrol prices

Paid $1:90 here at Woolworths, which at todays exchange rate is 98p a litre. I'm using the car a lot less, using trams and buses or just walking. I'd use a bike but my fucking hernia doesn't like it.

Paid $1:90 here at Woolworths, which at todays exchange rate is 98p a litre. I'm using the car a lot less, using trams and buses or just walking. I'd use a bike but my fucking hernia doesn't like it.
We had a discussion and decided to cancel our drive around the coast of Oz. Petrol prices make it ridiculous. Fuckin Putin, worlds biggest ****.

I tend to stay away from supermarket fuel after one particular batch set off pretty much every single warning light my car had.

Got it checked out and there was nothing wrong, just that the fuel was dodgy.
I speak to fuel delivery guys on site. Now that red diesel has been banned for construction use and is now only used for Rail, domestic heating and Agricultural machines I asked if the white diesel is the same as you get say on a Texaco forecourt.
I also asked the difference between supermarket petrol and sole petrol station fuel.
The diesel is the same and the petrol is the same was his reply. It all comes out of the same tank at the refinery.
The supermarket fuel is a poorer quality product is a myth he said.
As for E5 and E10 it's just a couple of additives anyone can buy he told me.

I speak to fuel delivery guys on site. Now that red diesel has been banned for construction use and is now only used for Rail, domestic heating and Agricultural machines I asked if the white diesel is the same as you get say on a Texaco forecourt.
I also asked the difference between supermarket petrol and sole petrol station fuel.
The diesel is the same and the petrol is the same was his reply.
The supermarket fuel is a poorer quality product is a myth he said.
As for E5 and E10 it's just a couple of additives anyone can buy he told me.
I’m certainly no expert, I just spoke from personal experience. It could simply have been a bad batch of fuel that could have ended up anywhere.

I’m certainly no expert, I just spoke from personal experience. It could simply have been a bad batch of fuel that could have ended up anywhere.

I had a fucking shit Ford C-Max diesel from 2012 for 3 years. Plagued with fuel issues mostly down to a bad design of filter - was all over Ford and Volvo ( they used the same engine ) owner sites with the same issue. When raised at the dealers I was told it was shit supermarket fuel. I said it was a company car and I paid for no fuel so when the yellow light comes on I filled up - be it Tesco ASDA BP Jet ESSO anywhere it didn't bother me and the best they could come up with was "well you must be using too much supermarket diesel" - its funny now I have my own diesel car and it gets about 80% Tesco diesel with no issue

I had a fucking shit Ford C-Max diesel from 2012 for 3 years. Plagued with fuel issues mostly down to a bad design of filter - was all over Ford and Volvo ( they used the same engine ) owner sites with the same issue. When raised at the dealers I was told it was shit supermarket fuel. I said it was a company car and I paid for no fuel so when the yellow light comes on I filled up - be it Tesco ASDA BP Jet ESSO anywhere it didn't bother me and the best they could come up with was "well you must be using too much supermarket diesel" - its funny now I have my own diesel car and it gets about 80% Tesco diesel with no issue
Yeah, I get it could be a standard mechanic default blaming, but what caused all the warning lights to come on? Only the once after filling up at Tesco?

He even volunteered it as the issue before I’d said I’d got fuel at the supermarket.

Is it 100% an urban myth, or is there substance in it?

I doubt the mechanic had shares in Esso, so it’s unlikely that he‘d send business their way for no reason.

My experience suggests one of two things.

Either it was just a random shit batch of fuel or supermarkets add some stuff to keep costs down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.