Petrov to be used as bait for Lescott

Bossman Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
the problem that unloading Petrov causes is lack of replacement in squad, having already flogged Elano we will be 2 attacking mid / wingers short in the squad.

can only assume we would look to bring someone in before window ends otherwise injuries again could cause us issues.

We should be playing 4-3-3 so will not be needing wingers and Petrov's only position is as a winger. So good business if he can be used to release Lescott.

Dont really get that viewpoint.

Petrov is one player we dont need to see running our right-back ragged and doing it for a very clear rival team.

vonksbignose said:
Anyone on this thread who thinks this is a good idea is a fucking idiot!

If giving that twat Moyes a player of the quality of Martin Petrov, is the price we have to pay for a defender not much better than what we already have at the club, then I'm sorry Joleon, you can stay put son!

Fucking hell, you don't strengthen your rivals!

And I see that its Stuart Brennan that's written this piece of supposition! He doesn't help himself that boy, does he!

Don't call me a fucking idiot please.

State your case and debate but don't resort to insults.

I believe this is a deal worth doing because

1) He isn't going to be happy as a bit-part player, and that's all he would ever get with us - unless Robinho was injured of course
2) I believe we are goingt to play 4-3-3, inwhich case he won't fit in properly anyway
3) He's good but not that good, to be honest. He's one dimensional and unless he's up against a slow right back or a system where the right back keeps getting caught upfield, he's ineffective.
4) A left sided top class centre half is more important to us than a reserve left winger.

I think we would only accept a defender as part of any deal, £20m plus maybe Dunne isn't a bad shout.

Gwladiator said:
I think we would only accept a defender as part of any deal, £20m plus maybe Dunne isn't a bad shout.

Have a word with your manager then mate, because I would do that deal in a heartbeat

There's no chance that Moyes would take Petrov. He does not tackle or head the ball

I'm indifferent as to whether he stays or goes.

Dunne to Everton would make sense, however I wish some City fans would remember that he has been one of our best players over the last 4 seasons. I think he could still do a good job for us, but I think he knows that he does not have the full confidence of the manager nad fans, and it's affecting his game

I've been a big fan of Petrov since he joined you, but am I right in saying he's left wing only? Would he be able to play right wing (cutting in and shooting), in the same way Young plays left wing at Villa?

The reason I ask is that the Baines/Pienaar left wing partnership has been great for us - they work as a team brilliantly at both ends of the pitch, and it's the one area of the pitch that I can't see Moyes moving players around (whereas he'd move Arteta/Cahill/Fellaini around to accomodate new players). Even though I think a fully fit Petrov (and does that even exist anymore?) is a better left winger than Pienaar, I'm not sure that Baines/Petrov is a better left side than Baines/Pienaar.

Keep Petrov at all costs, up the bid for Lescott and give them Jo. Get these deals done and stop all the mucking about.

dontshootme said:
I've been a big fan of Petrov since he joined you, but am I right in saying he's left wing only? Would he be able to play right wing (cutting in and shooting), in the same way Young plays left wing at Villa?

The reason I ask is that the Baines/Pienaar left wing partnership has been great for us - they work as a team brilliantly at both ends of the pitch, and it's the one area of the pitch that I can't see Moyes moving players around (whereas he'd move Arteta/Cahill/Fellaini around to accomodate new players). Even though I think a fully fit Petrov (and does that even exist anymore?) is a better left winger than Pienaar, I'm not sure that Baines/Petrov is a better left side than Baines/Pienaar.

He's one of the most one-footed players you're ever likley to see, so I can't really see him working on the right.

Also, he offers absolutely nothing defensively - the bloke has a complete aversion to tackling - so Banies would be exposed and have to be on the top of his game to ensure he kept the left side tight.

Having said that, he's a great player, and when he's on form he can be geniunely devastating for the opposition to deal with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.