PFA | Foden wins YPOTY | Just 3 players in TOTY

Who do you think will win? (Not who do you want to)

• Total voters
It's the players voting. They have their favourites like we do. Clearly KDB has his admirers amongst PL players having won it twice.
Obviously fans think Son should make top 6, me amongst them, players obviously not. No reason to think Kev can't win it. Salah was hot first half of the season but has been ordinary 2nd half and poor last 2 months for me. Kevin opposing was injured and not fit 1st half and has beeb very good 2nd half. Kane was dogshit post transfer saga. TAA and VVD haven't been good enough to win this trophy in my opinion.
So we'll see.

In 17/18 De Bruyne had a monstrous start to the season but Salah really started to be productive in winter onwards. He got hype, and then was the vogue guy when it was time to vote and he won.

I think this season will be a reversal of that. Salah had a great start but De Bruyne cranked it up in the 2nd half of the season. And Salah's fallen off the wagon too so I'll imagine he's not going to do as well as he might hope.

The fact that Kane, van Dijk & Ronaldo are on the shortlist, shows that it's more about your name / reputation (and who a voting player supports) than about whether you've actually been the best player in England this season.

On the recent BBC poll, 90% of Spurs fans said Son was their club's POTS and yet he's effectively replaced by Kane in this shortlist.

De Bruyne, Bernardo, Rodri, Mane, Salah, Son is what it should've been.

Agree on Son. Most Liverpool fans I know were telling me Salah had been out of sorts this season, at least until the run in.

As many goals as Ronaldo has scored, his imaginary work ethic surely counts for something too?

We'd be accused of bias of course but without Kevin we don't win the league. Bernie and Rodri were excellent, leading for me until around March, but Kev was the difference between winner and runner up.

Cancelo also had the pundits drooling that he's created a whole new position by Christmas. Inside left half playmaker etc.

Not entirely sure what Van Dyke has done this season either? Been present? Although to be fair I rarely watch the jibbers.

Funnily enough I just checked the premier league site for stats from this season. They have Alison and his pic as leading the clean sheets and Eddie below in smaller font as joint first, same for goals with Salah above Son and only a pic of the Liverpool player.

Surely the format need changing for these things. Take each club's fan voted player of the season and then each club is invited to vote once from that pool excluding their own. Otherwise it just becomes a popularity contest and who can call on the most fans / bend the system to get the result they want.

Salah is the favorite apparently mainly due to the voting period ending before kev's game vs wolves

Award is at 7 pm UK Time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.