PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

It's amazing how many people on here don't know the rules.

Before var can be checked, the ball must go out of play. Gordon was offside which led to there being a stoppage in play and then the incident can be checked.

The man on VAR checks to see if there was a clear and obvious error. If he believes there was, he then checks the build up to the goal and see if there was anything that occurred that means the penalty can't be given.
As he deemed it wasn't a clear and obvious error, there was no need to check if Richarlison was offside.

He then indicates to the ref that the game can continue from where it stopped, the Gordon offside.

Technology was never used to see if Richarlison was offside. Anyone who says he was offside from a dodgy angled screenshot is stupid.
Agree with everything you just said...however, as you stated technology was not used to see if Richarlison was offside or not...dodgy angle or not, for anyone to state that a review would deem he is unequivocally onside is even more ridiculous...I would bet anything on him being off and I am far from stupid friend...

Definitely touching cloth
If this picture is genuine, which I assume it is, it absolutely exonerates Rodri and the officials. The screenshot Sly threw out was after the ball had bounced of Rodri and gave the appearance it hit him lower down the arm when in fact it didn’t. Typical scum propaganda, the apology from Riley to Everton completely unwarranted but designed to help them get future decisions and fuck us over.

FFS, the ball first touched Rodri's sleeve, so fuck off.
Plus, there was no Everton players close to the ball, no Everton player played the ball prior to it hitting Rodri, plus the eventual offside in the buildup.
It's called football not "if it brushes your hand we win", just do one you whinging cunts.

Last edited:
Jeez guys it was handball. If it was against us it would be handball. And you know it.

More interesting is the bias.... They have had to apologise for this. Never happened before.

Lets see what sort of decisions we will be screwed over with, what they can now get away with. Because the media will ignore anything and everything that goes against City, And have done so for years.
Exactly...the handball by Romero in the box v Spurs has been deemed a yellow card in every game I've seen this year when pen given...but he was on a yellow so the ref decided to cut him a huge break...do Spurs then score playing with 10 men...do they even try to venture forward...but the break went against us and NOONE ever raised an eyebrow...not even Pep...like nothing has ever gone against us (Sterling Champions League)...this whole thing is an overblown, fucking joke...

Agree with everything you just said...however, as you stated technology was not used to see if Richarlison was offside or not...dodgy angle or not, for anyone to state that a review would deem he is unequivocally onside is even more ridiculous...I would bet anything on him being off and I am far from stupid friend...

Yeah, I'm not saying he was definitely on. I just think it's stupid to say the penalty wouldn't have been given because if was off when it wasn't checked. Anyone who watch the final on Sunday would have been convinced Lukaku was onside from the angle of the freeze frame

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.