PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

If it had been a goal that was wrongly disallowed, I’d kind of (kind of, but not fully!) understand an apology.

But all that decision did was deny them a shot at goal against a ‘keeper that saves 1 in 6 pens he faces, with the Prem average of 17% of penalties being missed. Ederson saved the last penalty Everton got against us.

There’s absolutely no guarantee Everton would have scored whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Old Mother Riley has to apologise and does what they said they didn't want to do some seasons back and 're-referee' matches. He's the one who ought to resign for all the fuckin' good he's ever done!

The whole point of having a referee is to make sure that the laws are applied impartially, and because most refs I've seen have defective eyesight we have VAR. And I would have thought that one ref who saw nowt passed it on to his VAR wallahs, or his VAR wallahs bellowed in his ear that we needed to look at Rodri's arms. VAR then finds that the video is inconclusive. Do we give a pen every time there's a VAR refusal just to be on the safe side. The arbitration of the game is hitting an all-time low when I thought it couldn't get any worse.
Imagine if all games in " history " were re-refereed" what would the " history twins " be left with. Their trophy cabinets would be as empty as the supermarket shelves during the Covid hysteria.

It has been said many many times, but why can't they broadcast everything being said? Between a ref and linesmen. Between a ref and the VAR. Players being idiots to a ref. Let folks decide whether something is fair or not.
That would make the game far more transparent and ultimately more fair. Unfortunately that is probably viewed as being bad for the " brand ".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.