Phil Collins

They were, but I think Steve Hackett was the heart of Genesis rather than PG. 'A Trick of the Tail' and 'Wind and Wuthering" were recognisable as Genesis albums. It was when Steve left they went to hell in a handbasket. If you listen to Steve's solo albums, old genesis is still alive and well.

Though I do like some of the later stuff, the departure of Steve Hackett was really it for me too with Genesis, never quite the same. Peter Gabriel’s departure was bad enough but the loss of Hackett’s guitar ... . I also loved Gabriel’s costumes and his ‘stories’ and in ‘73 was privileged to see the awesome (and famously recorded) live performance of ‘Supper’s Ready’ at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester.

“If you go down to Willow Farm,
to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies
Open your eyes, it's full of surprise, everyone lies,
like the fox on the rocks,
and the musical box.
Oh, there's Mum & Dad, and good and bad,
and everyone's happy to be here.”

It’s worth at least one listen. Honest.

I was joking. I will listen to it after I have had my rejuvenating coffee. Someone forced me to drink a lot of red wine last night, then two double gins. The abuse I endure is something else, fucking shocking.

I’m just too nice, always have been.

Though I do like some of the later stuff, the departure of Steve Hackett was really it for me too with Genesis, never quite the same. Peter Gabriel’s departure was bad enough but the loss of Hackett’s guitar ... . I also loved Gabriel’s costumes and his ‘stories’ and in ‘73 was privileged to see the awesome (and famously recorded) live performance of ‘Supper’s Ready’ at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester.

“If you go down to Willow Farm,
to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies
Open your eyes, it's full of surprise, everyone lies,
like the fox on the rocks,
and the musical box.
Oh, there's Mum & Dad, and good and bad,
and everyone's happy to be here.”
Nice one. I saw him on the lamb lies down tour. He wasn’t exactly a convincing teenage Puerto Rican rebel mind you! Have seen Steve Hackett in Glasgow the last couple of years and have tickets for his gig in September. He is still extremely bloody good.

I was joking. I will listen to it after I have had my rejuvenating coffee. Someone forced me to drink a lot of red wine last night, then two double gins. The abuse I endure is something else, fucking shocking.

I’m just too nice, always have been.
In the same place mate. Guinness, white wine, then a bottle of minervois. Bloody Brexit.
Still, Scotland Ireland this afternoon so hair of the dog and all that.

Nice one. I saw him on the lamb lies down tour. He wasn’t exactly a convincing teenage Puerto Rican rebel mind you! Have seen Steve Hackett in Glasgow the last couple of years and have tickets for his gig in September. He is still extremely bloody good.
I've got the last 3 Hackett CDs (but not the brand new one, yet), and they're good, as well as his first 5 solo efforts (Spectral Mornings and Defector are superb).
I saw him live in 2010, and he was fantastic. However, I can't bring myself to watch him again, as that singer he has, is the dictionary definition of the word twat

In the same place mate. Guinness, white wine, then a bottle of minervois. Bloody Brexit.
Still, Scotland Ireland this afternoon so hair of the dog and all that.

I swear by the hair of the dog miracle cure. The only problem is tomorrow I will be lying on the couch looking like I’ve hust been taken out by a sniper. After I survived going through a Thresher machine. Listened to the song and didn’t hate it, which is progress, or the hangover, one of the two.

Im glad we have Magicpole to post honest, sensible and indeed useful information on this 'Tribute to Dead Phil' thread. I am getting a bit fed up with all these disrespectful buggers going on about some bloke who apparently didn't wear a jacket. So what ? Magic was pissed, that's what is relevant here.

I've got the last 3 Hackett CDs (but not the brand new one, yet), and they're good, as well as his first 5 solo efforts (Spectral Mornings and Defector are superb).
I saw him live in 2010, and he was fantastic. However, I can't bring myself to watch him again, as that singer he has, is the dictionary definition of the word twat

The track ‘Hoping Love Will Last’, on ‘Please Don’t Touch’ and featuring Randy Crawford on vocals - is a thing of beauty.

I swear by the hair of the dog miracle cure. The only problem is tomorrow I will be lying on the couch looking like I’ve hust been taken out by a sniper. After I survived going through a Thresher machine. Listened to the song and didn’t hate it, which is progress, or the hangover, one of the two.
maybe the hangover - resistances are low!

I prefer 'fey'
Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.