Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want West Ham to do well also MP, but Pelligrinis record with youngsters is atrocious, 3-0 up at home against relegation fodder and keeps Ambrose on the bench just one example - so it’s a no from me. Keep Phil and get him 10-15 apps next season which for an 18 yr old would be a great achievement and an increase on this season

Want West Ham to do well also MP, but Pelligrinis record with youngsters is atrocious, 3-0 up at home against relegation fodder and keeps Ambrose on the bench just one example - so it’s a no from me. Keep Phil and get him 10-15 apps next season which for an 18 yr old would be a great achievement and an increase on this season
His record with youngsters in Spain is very different to with us just ask Isco, maybe with less pressure to win every game and less big players to keep happy he would revert to his previous self and develop Foden like he did Isco.
Foden may play a bigger part if he stays with us than last season but doubt he would start many games outside early league cup rounds.

excellent news. i honestly think we have a potential world class youngster on our hands. next season he should get a lot more game time/starts. theres no excuses now we have local players who is talented enough.

Just coming on to post this in celebration.

He needs to stay with us to train with the first team, be coached by Pep and his lieutenants, and get game time throughout the season. He will learn far more here, at his age, than loaned out somewhere else.

Just coming on to post this in celebration.

He needs to stay with us to train with the first team, be coached by Pep and his lieutenants, and get game time throughout the season. He will learn far more here, at his age, than loaned out somewhere else.

Exactly.

For me he shouldn't go on loan ever. IMO one of the main reasons he hasn't played more is that he is so small physically. Ability wise he is more than ready. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

Great news about both the contract and not loaning out.

Too many of out kids although getting game time get no closer to the first team even if they have fantastic loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.