Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I don't disagree. I'd infer that you're saying he can still fulfill his potential if he applies himself, delay or not.

Which is exactly how I feel. But I'm curious what some of the others think, those who think we're in a now or never spot with him. I don't get that mentality but maybe I'm missing something that they can enlighten me with.
Yes but the point is that even if his attitude is brilliant, at the end of the week he needs to have played to take the next step. And maybe some people think that he might never get his chance as we'll always be stockpiled with great talent in our central midfield and our manager preferring proven quality in front of a huge prospect.

If he’s regularly getting 30 minute cameos off the bench that wouldn’t be such a problem. If he’s only getting the occasional 5-10 minutes though then I wouldn’t blame him if he considered leaving.
If that's REALLY what he wants, then good luck to him. My interest is in seeing him having the best career possible, if it's at City then it's a bonus.
He is a mad city fan working with the best manager n the world,he will be developing every day,i highly doubt he is thinking about anything than staying here and learning from the best,we are not in a now or never situation at all
Don't need to persuade me kaz, I'm with you here.
Yes but the point is that even if his attitude is brilliant, at the end of the week he needs to have played to take the next step. And maybe some people think that he might never get his chance as we'll always be stockpiled with great talent in our central midfield and our manager preferring proven quality in front of a huge prospect.
If his attitude really is brilliant. I mean, Cristiano Ronaldo (in terms of his development) brilliant, then he shouldn't have a problem, no? Or do you think there's a reasonable chance Pep's not going to play him regardless?

Lol you are funny

I supose I could have just replied Bollox!

But thought for a moment we could have discussed something that i have different opinion on to you on in a debate? But I am not sure what yours is and neither do you.

Oh well perhaps next time?

Have a good evening Karen.

If his attitude really is brilliant. I mean, Cristiano Ronaldo (in terms of his development) brilliant, then he shouldn't have a problem, no? Or do you think there's a reasonable chance Pep's not going to play him regardless?
As long as Pep thinks that KDB, Gundogan, Silva and Bernardo is better than him they will most likely be preferred.

I supose I could have just replied Bollox!

But thought for a moment we could have discussed something that i have different opinion on to you on in a debate? But I am not sure what yours is and neither do you.

Oh well perhaps next time?

Have a good evening Karen.
Read my posts,you don't seem to be doing it,just phil must play is not really a debatable opinion is it

As long as Pep thinks that KDB, Gundogan, Silva and Bernardo is better than him they will most likely be preferred.
But can't Foden put in the effort to get to their level? Pep has gone out of his way to state he rewards effort and I don't think he's so cynical as not to even give him the chance if he's putting in the hard work.

In my opinion foden is young and inexperienced, he is a great player, but at the moment not as good as the players starting ahead of him, he needs to look at the bigger picture, a few are coming to the end, and that is his moment to make a name for himself

But can't Foden put in the effort to get to their level? Pep has gone out of his way to state he rewards effort and I don't think he's so cynical as not to even give him the chance if he's putting in the hard work.
No because he'll need games to get to their level. Hopefully Pep will give him that but there's no guarantee even if Phils' attitude is good.

No because he'll need games to get to their level. Hopefully Pep will give him that but there's no guarantee even if Phils' attitude is good.
Well that's just pessimistic. Considering there's nothing we can do about it I don't see why a more positive outlook can't be had.

Read my posts,you don't seem to be doing it,just phil must play is not really a debatable opinion is it

I asked you a couple of simple questions. Do you think he should start a PL game this season and if so how many. You chose to default to your normal position ie you dont have one other than Pep knows best. While at the same time deriding my opinion.
It wasn't a trick question , you are entitled to offer a different opinion. That's what makes forums interesting. If we all posted that we thought Pep was great all the time then this would be a quiet place when it came to debating the club we all love.

I will leave it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.