Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I've watched City overlook promising academy kids for years without giving them the chances they deserve.
Yeah, fair. But have you watched Pep's City overlook promising academy kids for years without giving them the chances they deserve?

I asked you a couple of simple questions. Do you think he should start a PL game this season and if so how many. You chose to default to your normal position ie you dont have one other than Pep knows best. While at the same time deriding my opinion.
It wasn't a trick question , you are entitled to offer a different opinion. That's what makes forums interesting. If we all posted that we thought Pep was great all the time then this would be a quiet place when it came to debating the club we all love.

I will leave it with you.
Whether i want him to start games and how many is a question i can't answer,i want to see him play but it depends on many factors we know nothing about,pep does,if i say i want him to start 20 games that means i don't want one of the other senior players to start those games,given the rest are senior experienced players i'm not going to say that,phil will play as and when it's appropriate,it's not difficult is it really

Yeah, fair. But have you watched Pep's City overlook promising academy kids for years without giving them the chances they deserve?
Too early to say but I do think the likes of Diaz and Foden should've gotten more minutes last season. Especially Diaz. I don't know but I feel Pep changed when Middlesbrough equalized against us just a few minutes after Aleix Garcia was brought on in his first season. After that he's barely taken any "risks" with our young inexperienced players.

Too early to say but I do think the likes of Diaz and Foden should've gotten more minutes last season. Especially Diaz. I don't know but I feel Pep changed when Middlesbrough equalized against us just a few minutes after Aleix Garcia was brought on in his first season. After that he's barely taken any "risks" with our young inexperienced players.
I know only as much as you and everyone else so you could easily be right. But I prefer to wait until there are signs their developments are being hampered, at least that way it makes my day go by a bit easier. I'm a big believer in the idea that the hardest work is rewarded too, so I'll retain my optimism for now.

Whether i want him to start games and how many is a question i can't answer,i want to see him play but it depends on many factors we know nothing about,pep does,if i say i want him to start 20 games that means i don't want one of the other senior players to start those games,given the rest are senior experienced players i'm not going to say that,phil will play as and when it's appropriate,it's not difficult is it really

Well I would like him to start at least 7 games this season. Preferably against lower league opposition. I think he has it in his locker to be a top class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.