Phil Foden....no longer just potential

I would have Lakey next to laporte. That would do
No doubt he’d be fantastic there but I’d have him in the defensive midfielder role, he’d possibly have more of an influence on the game - sweeping up danger but also able to surge forward. Busquets, fine player though he was, always reminded me of a poor man’s Paul Lake.

Apologies if that came across more blunt than intended, I forgot the ‘:)’

That being said I’ve not seen much of Phil to gauge his intelligence either way...

No worries. I’m not having a go a Phil, Lampard is highly intelligent. It isn’t necessary in football, but it does you no harm. Gazza being the case in point. He didn’t score 170 premier league goals though.

if Phil can realise his potential, he will be top 5 in the world.

We all just hope he does.

No doubt he’d be fantastic there but I’d have him in the defensive midfielder role, he’d possibly have more of an influence on the game - sweeping up danger but also able to surge forward. Busquets, fine player though he was, always reminded me of a poor man’s Paul Lake.

Yes, that makes sense.

The problem with Lake was we never saw enough to know his best position.

No worries. I’m not having a go a Phil, Lampard is highly intelligent. It isn’t necessary in football, but it does you no harm. Gazza being the case in point. He didn’t score 170 premier league goals though.

if Phil can realise his potential, he will be top 5 in the world.

We all just hope he does.
If he can anywhere near as effective as Frank then we’re on to a winner, I think he’s more technically gifted and slicker than Frank, though I was too young to appreciate a young Lampard. So what the fuck do I know ;)

Yes, that makes sense.

The problem with Lake was we never saw enough to know his best position.
Shame he wasn’t born 20 yrs later, with the advances in sports science and medicine he may well have made a full recovery Saw him a few months ago getting a Costa in media city, he walks with a noticeable limp.

Still, he played his part in some memorable days for us.

If he can anywhere near as effective as Frank then we’re on to a winner, I think he’s more technically gifted and slicker than Frank, though I was too young to appreciate a young Lampard. So what the fuck do I know ;)

I don’t think any of us were studying Frank as a youngster. He only got in the team at West Ham because of nepotism anyway...

David Silva is Spain’s 4th highest goal scorer. If he can be better than that, then we are all in for a treat.

comparisons between eras is difficult. Silva was the ultimate technician in our league when it wasn’t prominent. He’s changed the game. That’s what has made him special.

Phil seems perfect for this era of football. Imagine him being Kinkladze. He’d have been kicked off the park.

Shame he wasn’t born 20 yrs later, with the advances in sports science and medicine he may well have made a full recovery Saw him a few months ago getting a Costa in media city, he walks with a noticeable limp.

Still, he played his part in some memorable days for us.

He did, I was also there the game v Leicester

I along with others were scared that day, never seen anything like it.

The game when he got really hurt v Villa i was in america

Then v Boro when it was done again, I was there, never been so angry. We had a right row after, Middleton lads v Boro.

He was just unlucky.

I don’t think any of us were studying Frank as a youngster. He only got in the team at West Ham because of nepotism anyway...

David Silva is Spain’s 4th highest goal scorer. If he can be better than that, then we are all in for a treat.

comparisons between eras is difficult. Silva was the ultimate technician in our league when it wasn’t prominent. He’s changed the game. That’s what has made him special.

Phil seems perfect for this era of football. Imagine him being Kinkladze. He’d have been kicked off the park.

I agree with all of that, especially the last line. Then again who wouldn’t from nowadays?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.