Phil Foden PFA Player of the Year and 4 City players in PFA Team of the Year

People who follow individual players more than clubs, or football generally, don't make much sense to me. I don't mean taking an interest in a player or coach, because you like them. I mean obsessing over them and spinning agendas as you say with Mahrez (who I was a big fan of to be honest, but still).

Ronaldo has the most extreme and insane of these 'celebrity worshipping fans'. Many of them seem far more interested in Ronaldo than football itself.
I know one of them. TBF, he’s Portuguese but also then supports whichever team he played for, buying the kit as well.

Strange stuff, but each to their own.

I know one of them. TBF, he’s Portuguese but also then supports whichever team he played for, buying the kit as well.

Strange stuff, but each to their own.
It's bizarre and not something I would ever do. It is really hollow and empty when they follow him from team to team, not something I will ever do.

I don't mean people who just take an interest in countrymen. As I stated above, I mean the ones who actually declare their allegiance to a new club every time their idol moves to that club. I find it actually very weird. To the extent they're now taking a major interest in the Saudi Pro League.

When Ronaldo left Juventus I seen a few of his fans say they could finally stop watching that 'joke of a league' now. I found it absolutely pitiful that they were watching a celebrated league just because of this guy, and would immediately cease doing so when he left (it's probably been a more exciting league since he left, ironically)>

But it is a different world now.

Anyway - off topic so apologies.

Should be Rodri. He’s been the best player in the league (probably in Europe… probably in the world) in each of the last three seasons and he’s not won it once.

But still nice that it’s Foden.

I’m also pleased for Palmer getting Young Player, makes our Academy look great having both winners.

Last edited:
Odegaard shits all over Palmer mate.

Absolutely unbelievable footballer.
The game against Arsenal at the Etihad epitomises why it should be Rodri.

Odegard, Rice, de Bruyne and Foden were all wank in that game. Don’t think Odegard has played well against us once. Seen him live a few times now and been nothing but unimpressed.

Rodri was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch from both teams. He’s the king of this league and has been since the start of the 2021-22 season, and it’s about time he was given the accolade!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.