Phil Foden to leave England camp

I seriously believe you are out of your depth in discussing this incident and what he has done.
Well on a forum everyone gets their say, don't they?

There's enough faux outrage on this thread to last the entire season. You need to lighten up. We have City fans calling Phil Foden a '****' and a 'bellend' because he's dropped a bollock (like 20 year old lads do). That's pathetic and hysterical.

Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing post
Er touche pal. Nothing embarassing about keeping a perspective on things. Ridiculous how over the top people can be. He made a stupid mistake,hopefully he can patch things up with his girlfriend,family and City and put this behind him.

Yeah, the good old days...

FreshContentArthropods-size_restricted.gif

That clip was the perfect example. Well done for highlighting my point.
They became fine outstanding gentlemen.

If Phil and others had to sweep the spirals, paint some lines around the campus it would tidy the place up, and they wouldn't be getting into trouble, did Oliver no harm.

It's difficult to strike a balance between being too harsh on Foden and being too forgiving.

Given that it was his first call-up with England and he represents not only his country but also his club and his family, it was a colossal fuck-up. But if he learns his lesson, it might help him concentrate on football and make the most out of his talent. How he reacts to the mistake will define him, not the mistake itself.
Agreed, everyone's allowed to be disappointed in him, he's tarnished his image for now at least but there's no need to go over the top. The COVID rules breaking is what should be the focus but I do get the feeling just as much outrage is coming from the cheating aspect. It's like the rule breaking is the afterthought, reading some takes on it.

How do we know how healthy that relationship is/was? It could have just been a moment of weakness or he might be unhappy in the relationship for whatever reason. If it's the latter, how harshly can we judge him for wanting out? People break up all the time. Or is any of that our business in the first place? I find myself reading more detail than I would have done just to justify my position of not thinking PFIAC. Especially with the outraged camp's position, that everyone must be outraged or face their wrath.

Last edited:
One of the reasons they mess up, is because of how protected they are. Everything done for them, so much adulation and praise.
Until they bring back boot polishing, kit washing and sweeping the stands , nothing will change.
Running up and down the Kippax steps a few times each day for a week would have done the trick or pack him off to the Isle of Man for some correctional treatment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.