Phil Foden to Leeds on Loan?

No bud. The other poster said elite players are first team regulars at 17 and that as Foden hasn’t been then he won’t make it.

It was a bollocks comment. As I pointed out, Silva wasn’t a first team regular at his parent club until he was 20. And but for a handful of players, no players are winning titles or competing to do so at 17 years of age.

But all means people can have opinions on how good a player is or as to how they see their career progressing, but let’s not use bullshit reasoning to justify it.
I didn't read his post properly to be honest

I didn't read his post properly to be honest
Nor did SWP. But hey, never mind. IHe’s entitled to his opinion, much as he seemingly decries anyone else having a different one. I said I didn’t think Foden would make it at the top level. Don’t think he’s good enough and I’ve seen examples of him off the pitch not looking what I’d call “professional”, which also lead me to believe he won’t make it.

As I say, it’s purely an opinion. Some (most on here) think he’ll make it. I don’t.

Nor did SWP. But hey, never mind. IHe’s entitled to his opinion, much as he seemingly decries anyone else having a different one. I said I didn’t think Foden would make it at the top level. Don’t think he’s good enough and I’ve seen examples of him off the pitch not looking what I’d call “professional”, which also lead me to believe he won’t make it.

As I say, it’s purely an opinion. Some (most on here) think he’ll make it. I don’t.
Hmmm. Let’s have a look:

The elite players look the part at 17, 18 yrs of age.

Now given you’ve only seen Foden play football at age 17, which elite players “looked the part” at age 17?

Still waiting on your list, or you can always retract that statement.

You may wish to consider he’s the youngest Premier League winners medal holder and he won player of the tournament when winning the U-17 World Cup. So we are all ears.

Last edited:

What unprofessional,off the pitch,examples are you referring to?

Absolutely none of us know whether Foden will end up a first team regular at City or QPR. Even if you’ve watched all his minutes he’s ever played at any level, at 18 you just cannot tell how good he’s going to be in two, five, ten years time.

Nicky Butt was the best youth player some people had ever seen and was the star name, captain and touted future England captain coming through from that early 90s United youth team. He was probably the second worst player of that group of players in the end just ahead of PNeville. Stephen Elliot (remember him?) won the Golden Boot at one of those U17/18 World Cups for Ireland once. Nigeria won a few of those U17/18 World Cups and they’re just an average team with okay players now.

Foden’s looked decent in small bursts even in the first team under Pep but there are thousands of players world wide who could come into our team and play well for ten minutes, it’s nothing to read into.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s got great technique, great balance, good pace, no fear and is playing with and being coached by the very best, he’s been a star at his age levels too so he’s in a great position.

It could be that he leaves his peers behind and becomes a star or it could be he’s a forgotten past-potential player like Danilson, Geovani dos Santos, Balotelli, Micah Richards, Shaqiri etc. and it ends up that Sessegnon and Diaz leave him behind.

None of us know.

I think jonny’s opinion may be bias due to him seeing something he’s not liked about him so the disappointment of that has lost his support in him, maybe it’s a sign of future things to come! But really none of us know if he’ll be owt or nowt.

At 18 players should really be playing regularly to keep improving, training and being coached by the best is great and he’ll have that for years to come, but he has to be playing to develop his quality. A loan at Leeds under Bielsa would be ideal for the lad. The Championship has done Sessegnon the world of good and being a main player in a team challenging for promotion gives him an experience that will be great for his future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.