Phil Jones to leave United after 12 years

Personally, I feel a bit sorry for him. I always feel sorry for any professional footballer who'd career is blighted by injury. In the grand scheme of things, they don't get a lot of time "at the top" and for someone like Phil Jones, I suspect when he was around 17/18 etc he would've been dreaming of playing for a top club (hah), playing in World Cups and the like. Really, he's barely played and never showed anything like the promise he once had.

It's a shame, but really his career is over and he will probably end up on a "pay as you play" type contract playing for Everton or Leeds.

Millions of men, women and children suffer with depression, except most have to work 40 hours or carry on school and deal with it. Earning 180k a week, while not working and trying to get people to feel sorry for you is a far cry from reality. It reminds me of Stan wanting sympathy by being depressed yet decked Ulrika.

Good on his day but nothing special. It's like how Pallister and Bruce were overhyped but rarely made an impact in internationals

Last edited:
Millions of men women and children suffer with depression except most have to work 40 hours or carry on school and deal with it. Earning 180k a week, while not working and trying to get people to feel sorry for you is a far cry from reality. It reminds me of Stan wanting sympathy being depressed and decking Ulrika.

Good on his day but nothing special. It's like how Palliser and Bruce were overhyped but rarely made an impact in internationals
Well said mate

farewell my favourite rag of all time ;[

phil-jones.gif

Personally, I feel a bit sorry for him. I always feel sorry for any professional footballer who'd career is blighted by injury. In the grand scheme of things, they don't get a lot of time "at the top" and for someone like Phil Jones, I suspect when he was around 17/18 etc he would've been dreaming of playing for a top club (hah), playing in World Cups and the like. Really, he's barely played and never showed anything like the promise he once had.

It's a shame, but really his career is over and he will probably end up on a "pay as you play" type contract playing for Everton or Leeds.
He's been on a "pay as you don't play" contract for years!

Millions of men women and children suffer with depression except most have to work 40 hours or carry on school and deal with it. Earning 180k a week, while not working and trying to get people to feel sorry for you is a far cry from reality. It reminds me of Stan wanting sympathy being depressed and decking Ulrika.

Good on his day but nothing special. It's like how Palliser and Bruce were overhyped but rarely made an impact in internationals
Can relate, I’ve had to drag myself through meltdowns while grinding out translations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.