Phil Jones

Cityisland said:
Much as we mock.....We appreciate that this lad is class? No?

Well he is, and we should...(tin hat time)

Here's Phil Jones at his best against Newcastle earlier this season.....
tumblr_lyjhl01zMJ1r1bja5.gif

jones_og_villa_celeb.gif

'World class' doesn't make the mistakes that Jones makes! He's touted as 'world class' 'cos he dons the 'world class' scarlet!

The standard for world class is simple: Currently, are Barcelona or Real banging on the door with a big bag of Greek drachmas? If not, they might be classed as useful at PL level or worse!

I keep hearing this from rags, Jones is a great player who will only get better.

Well the only "good" games he's had this season have been against really shit teams.
A broken clock is right twice a fucking day

I'll be fair and give him until the end of next season to prove himself.

He is decent, but not world class.

Not sure how old he is tbh so he has time to develop his game. Could turn out to be their John Terry but equally could turn out to be their titus bramble.

Also he does seem to get moved around and played in a lot of positions.

he could well end up master of none and worth Jack all. ie end up like next alan smith

A few Rag mates of mine state they are yet to be convinced he has what it takes.

IMO he needs to find a position soon and play there. If he is to be a defender he needs to improve his reading of the game and positioning. He can only do that by playing as a defender rather than switiching between midfield and defensive roles. He's in danger of becoming like John O'Shea - jack of all trades, master of none.

Manc in London said:
A few Rag mates of mine state they are yet to be convinced he has what it takes.

IMO he needs to find a position soon and play there. If he is to be a defender he needs to improve his reading of the game and positioning. He can only do that by playing as a defender rather than switiching between midfield and defensive roles. He's in danger of becoming like John O'Shea - jack of all trades, master of none.

Just what I was thinking, or perhaps even chuckle 2

TheMightyQuinn said:
Probably the best ever player in the world ever and definitely the new Duncan Edwards and I've seen shit loads of Duncan Edwards footage so I should know.

Wish he played for City.

Him, Giggsy and Scholesy would be my ideal midfield 3. As good as Yaya, Barry and De Jong were tonight, they lack a certain quality that only comes with the likes of Giggsy, Scholesy and Jonesy.

Totally agree. I wish more City fans would more honest about their feelings for the good and the great Godlike Manchester United!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Probably the best ever player in the world ever and definitely the new Duncan Edwards and I've seen shit loads of Duncan Edwards footage so I should know.

Wish he played for City.

Him, Giggsy and Scholesy would be my ideal midfield 3. As good as Yaya, Barry and De Jong were tonight, they lack a certain quality that only comes with the likes of Giggsy, Scholesy and Jonesy.

THIS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.