Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

I don't see any agendas. Foden had a poor game against Serbia. He's also a world class talent. Sometimes the best players have a bad game but he'll have to find a way to adapt to the system and play better which I'm sure he will and I'm sure he'll start tonight.

Foden had some poor games for City last season as well. It happens. He'll come good - he's too talented not to and he will learn from the Serbia game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score or assist tonight.
Who's fault was it that he had a poor game. Himself or Waistcoat?

Just because you’re not in your favourite position doesn’t excuse Phil, one glaring issue is no one passes to him when they think he is not open to receive a pass. This tells you all you need to know about waistcoat and the poor quality Phil has around him where they take a safe option which usually results in little impact.
He won’t do this I know but Phil should fuck Southgate and go and grab the ball himself and at the same time freeze that wanker Bellingham out of the game

It seems everybody knows what to do to balance the team and get Foden in his right position except the manager.
Drop Arnold
Push Bellingham back alongside Rice
Foden in the middle in front of them
Gordon on left wing.
No reason why Bellingham and Foden can't rotate as 8 and 10. It worked well after Christmas last season betweek Phil and KDB and also in 2017/18 between KDB and David Silva. I know England are not City but it is so obvious that England lack mobility and creativity in midfield. Doing this would allow Saka to play wider on the right in his best position and give Gordon the chance to push wider. This would also result in more passes reaching Kane.

BBC Radio four sports presenter on Today programe called out Phil as having a poor game and asked Rio Ferdinand if he should be dropped this morning. There was no mention of Trent Arnold or Kane having a poor game? To his credit, Ferdiand said no and questioned whether he should be moved inside.

No reason why Bellingham and Foden can't rotate as 8 and 10. It worked well after Christmas last season betweek Phil and KDB and also in 2017/18 between KDB and David Silva. I know England are not City but it is so obvious that England lack mobility and creativity in midfield. Doing this would allow Saka to play wider on the right in his best position and give Gordon the chance to push wider. This would also result in more passes reaching Kane.

That would mean moving golden boy Bellingham out of his preferred position, waistcoat is never going to do that.

All Southgate had to do was copy Pep, and England would have pissed this Euros.

Pickford
Walker Guehi Gomez/Shaw
Stones Rice
Saka Foden Bellingham Grealish
Kane
You're forgetting that winning the Euros means more to TAA so we need him in the side for that extra emotional effort.

Should discard all the City players as supposedly they don't give a shit about winning.

Yeah, but i'm appealing to Southgates defensive nature, and putting Rice and Bellingham together means either of them could surge forward

I don't see any agendas. Foden had a poor game against Serbia. He's also a world class talent. Sometimes the best players have a bad game but he'll have to find a way to adapt to the system and play better which I'm sure he will and I'm sure he'll start tonight.

Foden had some poor games for City last season as well. It happens. He'll come good - he's too talented not to and he will learn from the Serbia game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score or assist tonight.
Foden is not, and never will be, a winger. When he plays wide for Pep (rare these days) he is more like an inside forward cutting inside with the full-backs getting wider. Southgate is really just a moron. On the other hand Trent Alexander could probably play the wider role with a decent defender behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.