Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

Beckham says hi. He was the face of England until he decided to kick out and get sent off.

Then the press ripped him to pieces.
He can say "hi" all he wants. If you watched last summer's Women's World Cup, you may recall, the media stayed pretty firmly behind James and kept pushing how England "needs" her.

In my opinion once Bellingham eventually shows his arse, the press will stay by him in similar fashion.

The BBC is awash with the question: How can we get the best out of Foden? Well, the answer isn't in the realms of rocket science - play him in the position which won him the PotS. But wherever he plays, if Southgate plays him, and England don't get the pot then Phil will be on the altar as a sacrificial scapegoat.

The BBC is awash with the question: How can we get the best out of Foden? Well, the answer isn't in the realms of rocket science - play him in the position which won him the PotS. But wherever he plays, if Southgate plays him, and England don't get the pot then Phil will be on the altar as a sacrificial scapegoat.
It seems everybody knows what to do to balance the team and get Foden in his right position except the manager.
Drop Arnold
Push Bellingham back alongside Rice
Foden in the middle in front of them
Gordon on left wing.

The irony of it is that the Radio Times (other listings magazines are available) has this statement for next Tuesday's game:

'Euro 2024
After being named player of the season by both the Premier League and the Football Writers' Association, Manchester City's Phil Foden will be looking to carry his excellent domestic form onto the international stage as England take on Slovenia.'

As Pep said about Foden the same could be said about Bellingham. Foden had to learn the role. Pep said "Just in the middle, he has to be more careful in many, many aspects and maybe needs a little more time to realise what he has to do defensively especially, but of course he has something special in those positions, the quality in one-against-one, arrive to the box, sense of goal, so it is all there."

Watching England Serbia it felt like Bellingham was running everywhere instead of trying to be more strict with his position getting in the way of Rice or Trent and not giving them space to try move the ball further up the pitch. Bellingham needed to use the ball better at times he was making runs on his own with no1 else supporting. If he was more composed it would have helped England work themselves up the pitch instead of being gung-ho himself. Like a one man team.

I don't see any agendas. Foden had a poor game against Serbia. He's also a world class talent. Sometimes the best players have a bad game but he'll have to find a way to adapt to the system and play better which I'm sure he will and I'm sure he'll start tonight.

Foden had some poor games for City last season as well. It happens. He'll come good - he's too talented not to and he will learn from the Serbia game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score or assist tonight.

I don't see any agendas. Foden had a poor game against Serbia. He's also a world class talent. Sometimes the best players have a bad game but he'll have to find a way to adapt to the system and play better which I'm sure he will and I'm sure he'll start tonight.

Foden had some poor games for City last season as well. It happens. He'll come good - he's too talented not to and he will learn from the Serbia game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score or assist tonight.

Southgate insisting on putting tront into the midfield and allowing Bellingham to run willy nilly around the pitch is the issue.

No need to put tront anywhere on the pitch if he isn't up to whatever role asked of him, with past evidence to prove that he isn't.

And telling the new golden balls of football to play with discipline is unlikely to happen , for fear of being accused of cramping his ability. Fuck what is the best option for the team !

Sadly Southgate is inherently limp-wristed and inept, and if the team manages to perform decently, it will be despite him and not because of his tactics.

If they play him on the left side with a right fullback behind him he has less chance of playing well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.