Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

Do you honestly believe that Southgate's selection is to satisfy Arsenal, United and Liverpool fans through clickbait, rather than the fact that he's simply incompetent? Why wouldn't he completely leave Foden out if that were the case?
Have to blame someone

I’d be gobsmacked if Phil was benched tomorrow, he had a quiet game by his standards but him and Bellingham are both awesome players and should be able to perform together and destroy teams along with the other threats going forward. Bellingham always seems to demand the ball to be fair, but I don’t it as an ‘us and them’ situation simply because Foden didn’t get the ball played to him. The Denmark game is a chance to shine like we know he can and probably will.

Have to blame someone
This gets better. So he doesn't pick his best team to satisfy the red shirt fans, knows that the team he picks won't win, so puts a City player in the team out of position so he has someone to blame when his team loses?

The papers must be paying him a shit load on the side to convince him not to just pick his best team and go for it.

Some of our fan base are becoming scouse-esque in their paranoia.

This gets better. So he doesn't pick his best team to satisfy the red shirt fans, knows that the team he picks won't win, so puts a City player in the team out of position so he has someone to blame when his team loses?

The papers must be paying him a shit load on the side to convince him not to just pick his best team and go for it.

Crackers, isn’t it?

In fairness to said fans on the socials there aren’t many blaming Foden at all. It is all negative comments toward Southgate for his positioning of the players.

Also, isn’t scapegoat a term for when something completely fucks up and someone has to take the blame? Forgive me if I was in an alternate dimension but didn’t England win that game?!

I don't get the conspiracy theory myself, this one went waaaaay over my head. Southgate deliberately sabotaging Phil's career? Weird take by some here

I’d be gobsmacked if Phil was benched tomorrow, he had a quiet game by his standards but him and Bellingham are both awesome players and should be able to perform together and destroy teams along with the other threats going forward. Bellingham always seems to demand the ball to be fair, but I don’t it as an ‘us and them’ situation simply because Foden didn’t get the ball played to him. The Denmark game is a chance to shine like we know he can and probably will.
I think having that ‘wandering ‘ role in the middle allows him to be everywhere but unfortunately it makes the formation weaker (imo) and less cohesive as evidenced by the game on Sunday…..Bellingham had a good 20 mins but then faded and I saw him play at LB, LM, CM, AM throughout that second half as his energy levels dropped.

A good player but not the messiah the media think he is. I would prefer waistcoat play Bellingham in the 10 and swap him for Phil on 50 or 60 minutes…either that or move Bellingham to play along with rice and Phil ahead of them…allowing him and Phil to interchange as needed….he never will though because he’s not a good enough manager to work out how to play them both

I scratch my head when I read the headlines around Phil.
He was voted the Player of the Year by reporters yet they are quick to blame him if England don't smash a team.
The premier league, English trophies, European trophies and club world cup games all add up. Phil played 56 games last season (including England games), Jude played 45 in total and I'm sure this has an effect on players.
Phil is the best player in the Premier League last season because he played in a position where he can do his best damage. He didn't play out of position (like he did for England) so therefore people should wait until he plays in his natural position and then the comparisons can be made.

Do you honestly believe that Southgate's selection is to satisfy Arsenal, United and Liverpool fans through clickbait, rather than the fact that he's simply incompetent? Why wouldn't he completely leave Foden out if that were the case?
No I dont, because I didnt say that. I said he appeases the media. The media, on the whole, hate City/love the red clubs. Over the years the media have demanded various players are taken to these championships, Beckham, Mainoo, Gazza, TAA as a midfielder.

Do we all agree with the media that utd players and liverpool players are the best in the country right now? Shaw? Rashford? Mainoo? Maguire? TAA is "The best passer in the world"? No, so what would happen if Southgate didnt take them? He would get hated, the media would crucify him.
There are much better players at lesser well media-supported clubs that get totally ignored.

Maybe I should have put ;) after the post : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.