Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

I hope he does get dropped cos he ain't gonna shine under that useless wanker who's pretending to be a manager.
He's getting dogs abuse for something that's not his fault.
That team is totally unbalanced.
It is loaded heavily on the right hand side and probably because he has to shoehorn Twunt in.
Saka and Twunt on that side leaves the team defensively weaker imo so the players pack that side of the pitch leaving the left side even more exposed.
When it should be the complete opposite.
You've got a right back playing left back and a central midfielder playing left wing.
Their the ones that need the support.
It's seems quite simple to me.
Drop Bellingham back slightly to play along side Rice and play Foden or Palmer just in front of the two.
Stick Gordon or Eze on the left.
What you lose from Bellingham in terms of attacking play you gain in having a balanced team.
This should've been done months ago but the waistcoat wanker has spent nearly a year trying to shoehorn Twunt into the team, he's also wasted games 'having a look' at players, when he should've been working on his best starting 11, the balance of the team and how to get them to play together.
I'm sick of hearing 'when Shaws fit'
Shaw hasn't played since February, he's still training on his own.
The joke of a manager has wasted 8 years in charge of England and to this day they still play the same shit boring football they did on day one.
Stay on the bench Phil, better still I'd come home cos it's quite clearly gonna be all your fault when the useless **** in charge fails again.
Absolute joke that he's taken an unfit Shaw and not taking anyone capable of.playing left.back , Chilwell, livramento or even gomez better options than taking Trippier who had a poor season and is 3rd.choice right back , southgates squad has fucking baffled.me

The worst bit about Sunday was that you could see it from the moment Southgate announced his team.

This also links to the myth that City have two World Class players for every position. If that's true then why is Grealish not in Germany, at least as a substitute?

City don't have a Saka type right sided midfielder, and if Saka plays well (as he did for about 15-20 minutes) then it's almost inevitable that Foden won't touch the ball, especially when Bellingham is playing to the gallery with his self indulgence, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, not conducive to the recycling possession game that Foden, Pep, and City all prefer.

I'm almost hoping that Foden isn't picked v Denmark, because you can guarantee that whoever plays in his position will also appear peripheral.

The worst bit about Sunday was that you could see it from the moment Southgate announced his team.

This also links to the myth that City have two World Class players for every position. If that's true then why is Grealish not in Germany, at least as a substitute?

City don't have a Saka type right sided midfielder, and if Saka plays well (as he did for about 15-20 minutes) then it's almost inevitable that Foden won't touch the ball, especially when Bellingham is playing to the gallery with his self indulgence, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but again, not conducive to the recycling possession game that Foden, Pep, and City all prefer.

I'm almost hoping that Foden isn't picked v Denmark, because you can guarantee that whoever plays in his position will also appear peripheral.
Also, Gundogan has just scored the exact type of goal that Foden scored against West Ham on the last day and also against United in the 6-3 (to name but two).

There's no way that Foden will score that type of goal for England. Bellingham will just try another trick and the angle will be lost, or equally likely, Kane will make the same move and get in his way.

In the warm up game v Iceland, his great positional sense could have gotton him 2 tap ins only for Gordon and someone else ignoring the pass and going for an ambitious shot from an impossible angle.
V Serbia, 3 or 4 times he made runs into space for the tight passes he receives with us only to be ignored all the time, players are either incapable of playing the pass to him or just ignoring him.
Saka had a good 1st half due to the excellent Walker bombing forward and creating space for him on overlaps, Phil had the 3rd choice right back behind him offering nothing and Kane going walkabouts and hardly in the box to take defenders away

Can't wait for the press to turn when Bellendingham gets sent off for being a bellend...
Not so fast, mate. I'd happily wager the media would use the opportunity to beatify him like they did with Lauren James.

Once the press, with the backing of the FA, has decided a player is the new "face of England " they can do no wrong even if it's on display for the world to see.

I fucking hate the so-called media, Southgate, the idiotic Cartel pundits. Tinderbox Bellingham is the new David Peckham in their eyes. Come on young Foden, grab the game tonight with the scruff of the neck and show these whoppers who really is the best England footballer. Push that scouse turd Arnold away from ALL free kicks. Berate Bellendingham every time he ignores your run. If you have to kick that useless lump Harry late of Hotspur right up the fucking backside. Put yer laces through his fat arse. Finally if that inept **** in a waistcoat tries to substitute you, take your shirt off and throw it at the clown, then retire from international football. Only you can sort this Ronnie lad.

Last edited:
Not so fast, mate. I'd happily wager the media would use the opportunity to beatify him like they did with Lauren James.

Once the press, with the backing of the FA, has decided a player is the new "face of England " they can do no wrong even if it's on display for the world to see.
Beckham says hi. He was the face of England until he decided to kick out and get sent off.

Then the press ripped him to pieces.

Fucking cunts mianing about Foden and all the while igniring the reason he played out if position was to fill a big Grealish shaped hole that the waistcoat created.
AND THE PLAYER ON THE RIGHT WING, IS err LEFT FOOTED. !

I don't get the conspiracy theory myself, this one went waaaaay over my head. Southgate deliberately sabotaging Phil's career? Weird take by some here
It’s not a conspiracy. Southgate is just very weak and easily influenced by the tabloid media. He doesn’t know his best team. Anyone who thinks Trent is better than Foden in midfield has no credibility as a Manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.