Picking Up The Megaphone Today

Silvaslovechild said:
SWP's back said:
You seem to think 36k a poor turn out during a run of 5 home games when people are broke.

You said the atmosphere was shite. When it patently wasn't.

You have been found out.

You can keep saying which stands were EMPTY but 36,000 still attended. Why is that a poor turn out?
4,000 were Aris fans so technically 32,000 turned up. That is poor IMO for a europa league knockout game with tickets at £15.00 each. Have you ever been to a good atmosphere ? If you think the atmospher tonight from city fans (NOT ARIS FANS) was good you need your head checking.

No, no. I am brand new fan. Supprted City ever since we went top after christmas.

Used to support the rags like you so never seen a decent atmosphere. Sorry.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
Joey, Joey concentrate! Joey, Concentrate!

Made me smile.
Love banter with Joey. One of my favourite moments of the season was Joey with that pigeon.

Haha - poor pigeon. It wasn't well.

SWP's back said:
Silvaslovechild said:
4,000 were Aris fans so technically 32,000 turned up. That is poor IMO for a europa league knockout game with tickets at £15.00 each. Have you ever been to a good atmosphere ? If you think the atmospher tonight from city fans (NOT ARIS FANS) was good you need your head checking.

No, no. I am brand new fan. Supprted City ever since we went top after christmas.

Used to support the rags like you so never seen a decent atmosphere. Sorry.

-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 pm --

Skashion said:
Love banter with Joey. One of my favourite moments of the season was Joey with that pigeon.

he's a wum just ignor the dickhead

I was a row behind jrb. I think maybe the megaphone wasnt loud enough. There were a few chants it started though. These things need to grow organically. I recommend having it on the front pointing back, or at the back, so the sound travels over everyone. Definitely potential for the siren.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
We better stop talking now, it'll look like we go to games if we go any further.
Yeah but at least the pigeon is famous now having featured on MOTD2, which I watch every week without fail, HARDCORE!

When's it on tonight? Can't wait to re-watch us get the 3 points, will help our goal difference.

ultimateharold said:
I was a row behind jrb. I think maybe the megaphone wasnt loud enough. There were a few chants it started though. These things need to grow organically. I recommend having it on the front pointing back, or at the back, so the sound travels over everyone. Definitely potential for the siren.

Remember Hamburg a few years ago, they had 4 or 5 all with a megaphone shouting the same thing. Maybe needs to get his mates in on the act :)

@ JRB

Was in 109 tonight and didn't hear it, but that is not a criticism mate. Like you say, it's a learning curve for everyone and I still applaud your efforts. Well done lad.

You've tried tonight and done more to try and help the atmosphere than all the dickheads who moan about it but sit on their hands through the game.

Kudos.

jrb said:
Just got back.

Time for some reflections and thoughts.

Firstly. We have to congratulate the Aris fans on their support tonight. It was tremendous. Everything they said about it leading up to the game was true.

However, let's not take anything away from our support. We will not face that kind of rival support and constant noise for a very longtime, if at all. I thought our support was good tonight, especially in the first half and at times during the second half. The Aris fans were more content with singning to each other rather than at us. Which takes a bit of the banter away. I stand corrected, but we seemed to get through most of our songs tonight. Not to mention doing the Poznan on numerous occasions.

Moving on to the megaphone. When I first got it and tried it out in the house it sounded loud. (35 watts and new batteries) Once I got into the stadium and pitted it against the Aris fans, that was a different matter.(understandable) The megaphone could definitely be heard in the vicinity of where I was stood and further away. Don't think it could be heard in the adjoining blocks though, TBH. The people around me, infront of me, to the sides of me, and at the back of me were great. They joined in with most, if not all of the songs I started. Many thanks. They really did make an effort. Nobody complained or moaned either. It was a very positive response.

Eventually the batteries began to fade and sodid the noise from the megaphone. Overall for the first attempt I thought it went pretty well. what was more pleasing than anything elss was the reaction of those around me. They all joined in en-masse. In hindsight, perhaps I needed a more powerful megaphone. It certainly eats up the batteries.

Concluding. I'm not going to give up after tonight. As I've said, I thought it went pretty well(others may disagree), and against more quieter away fans, the megaphone will make more of an impact. I'm probably going to bring it against Villa, but I'd like some general feedback first from the people in and around where I was stood. Please be honest, good or bad, I won't be offended. It's a learning curve.

Many thanKS to everyone who joined in and came up to me and had a chat. :-)

Well done, though tbh (no criticism here) I saw you with it, from lower down in 110 looking back rather, than heard you lol. You definitely need more amps mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.