Picking Up The Megaphone Today

You wouldn't have heard City fans because the Aris supporters never stopped.

They had guys at the front like Poznam supporters who didn't even watch the game just co-ordinated all the songs.

This is a mentality that must have taken years to develop and will never be emulated in the UK unless you had a stand say like the Cop were everyone was up for it. Even then it would take a few seasons to get going properly and I'm not sure its the English mentality - think we like to watch the game a bit more than they do.

Can be done to an extent as the City Poznan shows - I like the way when we finish it we all chant City City

Great when these teams visit though as it gives new impetous to getting the atmosphere a bit better

jrb said:
Let's be honest, the way things are at COMS ATM we will never create an atmosphere like the Poznan and Aris fans did.
I'm not so sure, if you keep at it then I think it'll be great for the sport. We need better fans in the EPL, even United fans are shite nowadays. If I could afford to go, I'd be singing for the whole 90 minutes, unfortunately there's a guy with a prawn sandwich in my place.

Props to you from a rag bastard, not many people would have the guts to go and try something so radical at an English game, I wish you the best of luck with it, and I hope it spurs more clubs to follow suit and be loud.

I watched the game on ESPN, and I could hear Aris over the City crowd the entire match, even after the final whistle. It was embarrassing, frankly. Seen very few fans that travel that well.

yankcitizen76 said:
I watched the game on ESPN, and I could hear Aris over the City crowd the entire match, even after the final whistle. It was embarrassing, frankly. Seen very few fans that travel that well.
You can't be too disheartened about it, they're the Messi's of the fan world. The scariest thing is they're not the best crowd either, that's a huge ongoing debate though.

JRB great effort! take my hat off for doing this. First gig is already the worst re nerves etc, I know with playing in a band.

Next game you will not be as bnervous to the reaction you will get.

You bringing it to the Fulham game?

JRB/At least you tried.We often have a collection for banners and bring people from Australia to a game,Collections for Sierra Leone,so why not one for a mighty megaphone.To the guys in charge of providing the "Football Experience" at games look at Aris/Poznan support,this can be done if you put the singing/dancing people together in one spot,not being moved about the stadium to accommodate away fans.THIS IS OUR STADIUM so put OUR fans first.Newcastle got it right by shoving us high up in a corner in the clouds,they put their fans first.WE seem to go out of our way to be "nice".Now personally I sit in the East Stand level 3 Put away support up there,entrance and exit only through G&J ,Keep the doors shut on level 2 G & J,keep away fans in for 15/20 mins after each game.The police barriers that are put up now to keep home and away fans apart could easily be moved to these two exits.An attempt at this was tried for the Poznan game.At least think about it.Finally Thank You Poznan and Aris for showing us how sterile football supporting has become in this country.God if I was only 40 years younger.JRB thanks again for trying.

Anyone else getting rather annoyed at the blues watching in the USA and Canada saying they were "embarrassed" or "shameful" of the City fans last night when they watch on TV?

Fuck them

SWP's back said:
Anyone else getting rather annoyed at the blues watching in the USA and Canada saying they were "embarrassed" or "shameful" of the City fans last night when they watch on TV?

Fuck them

Yes, it fucking infuriates me to be honest. We had an Aussie the other week going on about all the "moaners" at COMS and he hasn't even been to a game. Unless they are WUMs of course, plenty of them about.

Personally I'd hate it if City fans made that stupid racket right through the game. It did my head in.

SWP's back said:

Fuck them

A fair few of them aren't English or have English family. Has something happened the last few years that would put us in the spot light and make us the team of choice for overseas "fans"?

Good effort mate in having a go but to honest with you'd I would get a refund on the megaphone as i was stood directly 4 rows in front and struggled to here you
But like I say credit to you for having a try
Also I think you picked a wrong night to do it because you were up againt the aris fans
Plus for cup matches in 111 you get a lot non regulars in that block who dont really know the songs and start songs wrong like singing the famous man united and on are way the city sing!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.