Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I'd suggest you probably read it again then.

He consistently uses a pivote, but at times dabbles with the idea of two of them. Then he wants his two ball players ahead of him. Kroos/Thiago. KdB/Silva. He has Alaba and Rafinha almost in midfield. See my point regarding full backs from my earlier post. Uses German Red Pig when fit. Plays Boateng, Dante and Martinez at the back.

It's up front where things go different from Pep Confidential, he used a False 9 previously and tried to use Ribery there but he didn't have two strikers like Aguero and Aubameyang. So it's a guess (as I said in my OP) of how he fits two of them in but still sticks to his usual preferences further back.

Yes, he uses a pivote in 13/14, then changes almost completely to using 2 in 14/15 and 15/16.

When he uses 1 pivot he has the fullbacks come in narrow like you say, to keep dominance in midfield, except he can't do that in your fantasy formation because there are no full backs in it.

If you were actually making a formation based on Pep confidential, it would be something like this:

Sterling Aguero Aubameyang
Silva KDB
Gundogan
LB - CB - CB - RB

Or a 4231 with Fernandinho/Gundogan.

He would never play 3 at the back, with a 2 man midfield and 5 fucking forwards, it's the complete antithesis of everything Guardiola builds his football around.

A lot of people here are going to look like complete twats in September. He's going to play 433 or 4231, the same formations he's used in 90% of his games as a manager.

By the end of the season, or even 17/18, he will start making things more fluid and changing in-game as he sees fit, when the players have completely mastered his basic ideas (You've read pep confidential so you know this takes until January in his first Bayern season) but the idea he's going to play 3-2-5 from August is laughable.

At a guess (after reading Pep Confidential)..we will probably line up like:

1455727_Dream_Team.jpg

With Gundogan as Pep's pivote.

Not sure on Fernandinho and Sterling as Pep usually plays his full backs there but ours are shit.
I didn't read his book so I have no idea but if that is the formation I'd play Navas instead of Sterling. And I'd ask him to get the ball in early ... not have to cross from the byline because it only buys the opposition more time to organize themselves and requires 2 out wide - sometimes even 3. Just whip it in early and you only need 1 out there. The rest can be causing trouble in and around the box.

This imo was one of the biggest frustrations of Pellegrini's game plan. We had a Clichy, Sterling and Silva wasting time for a minute or so while the defenders all lined up and blocked any route to the attackers (who were who and far between).

If I see more of this from Pep I'll lose my will to live. (not really but I'm going for dramatics)

....................................Hart.....................................
Sagna..............Kompany..............Laporte..............Clichy
...............................Fernandinho...............................
...................Gundogan...............Silva..........................
................Aubameyang...............De Bruyne..................
...................................Aguero..................................

Caballero
Stones
Fernando
Navas
Nasri
Sterling
Iheanacho

Christ almighty, I hope not... It's also nothing like how his teams set up and players are in the wrong position, some won't be starting....

You sure? Do we normally deny these reports?

Genuine question....I always felt when a rumour/leak came out like this and it was true......City normally just stay silent......they normally only come out and deny, if they really do want to distance themselves.....like they have done with Pogba.....I could be way off so this is a genuine question.....cheers

Anyone else think Dortmund could be leaking this in order to force Real Madrid into a bidding war??

Find it weird that all these Journalist are now saying we haven't bid for him but are interested.

No, it's most likely from Aubemayang's camp. He's got nothing to lose here, he'll be angling at a new contract offer at Dortmund OR a big money move abroad. Right now City are a better proposition for him the Real for numerous reasons and I don't think Real will start a bidding war with a club who's owner has just invested hundreds of millions into their club in the form of sponsorship (hence why the Aguero to Madrid rumors stopped last summer).

Dortmund wouldn't leak this, they need fans onside and this won't help (After other players leaving recently).

No, it's most likely from Aubemayang's camp. He's got nothing to lose here, he'll be angling at a new contract offer at Dortmund OR a big money move abroad. Right now City are a better proposition for him the Real for numerous reasons and I don't think Real will start a bidding war with a club who's owner has just invested hundreds of millions into their club in the form of sponsorship (hence why the Aguero to Madrid rumors stopped last summer).

Dortmund wouldn't leak this, they need fans onside and this won't help (After other players leaving recently).

Then why were his Agents at the CFA, and wasn't he himself at the CFA when we were in Paris

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.