Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

yup agree with that part..

the bit that worries me is that he is an alternative to Aubamayang who would again take us to the next level.....nolito won't
Trust in Pep as far as I'm concerned.

IF we don't spend big on Auba, the money will get spent somewhere decent.

Have faith.

:-)

Trust in Pep as far as I'm concerned.

IF we don't spend big on Auba, the money will get spent somewhere decent.

Have faith.

:-)

I rate Pep as the best in the world and hope he stays for a decade or two regardless of results....but every manager can make mistakes and does make mistakes int he transfer market.....

Plus its not just Pep in charge of who we are targeting and buy and Txixi's record is decidedly 50/50 at best

yup agree with that part..

the bit that worries me is that he is an alternative to Aubamayang who would again take us to the next level.....nolito won't
We can't force clubs to sell their best players so we can want the world class all we want but might not get them,we are a machine and we need the right players to make it work and not neccessary the best in the world,see leicester for that point

We can't force clubs to sell their best players so we can want the world class all we want but might not get them,we are a machine and we need the right players to make it work and not neccessary the best in the world,see leicester for that point

True but a big worldy signing makes a difference in terms of the profile of the club, encourages more worldies and should correlate to results on the pitch.

again I'm not disagreeing with you but you could also say leicester are a one off.......the teams that have continued success are the ones the continuously invest (our own chairman says as much)....short term options like Nolito are not in that bracket.

and if we offer the right money we will get Aubamayang if the ITK's are right and he wants to come (the Pep factor). If we are attractive enough to any player the player/agent will make the move happen so in a way we can force someone to sell a player (not directly but indirectly)

Like i said...if we want to be up there with the best (and no disrespect to Leicester but I aint talking about them but more about your Barcas, Madrids and Munichs) then we have to go for the top bracket. we have missed out on a lot of targets like that in recent years and look where that had got us......

Exactly there is not top tier players available at all basically. Pogba is "available" I guess you can say but for absolutely stupid price.

None of Kroos, Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Messi, Lewandowski, Muller, Alaba, Verratti, Sanchez are available for example. Very hard to buy players that clubs don't want to sell. So we have to mostly sign 2nd tier players, what you can do really.

I can also see City's reluctance to not spunk £65m on Aubameyang, good player, very good infact, but not world class. But we need the best of 2nd tier players and Auba belongs to that bracket so... Maybe they will spend the money.

Now the fact that the player is keen is encouraging...hope we dont walk away from the price...we dont seem great at the negotiation of price part ...good at getting the initial attraction...not great at pushing it over the line and with teams playing hardball
You seem to be saying we should just pay what they ask and then say we're not great at negotiation which makes no sense, perhaps it's the other side who aren't very good at negotiation if they want ridiculous money and refuse to budge. I'd rather City walk away than be taken for mugs.

£25M is the price Leiceater might be paying for Troy Deeney of all people. £65M sounds about right for Auba. These are the prices now. So let's get it done.

You seem to be saying we should just pay what they ask and then say we're not great at negotiation which makes no sense, perhaps it's the other side who aren't very good at negotiation if they want ridiculous money and refuse to budge. I'd rather City walk away than be taken for mugs.

what i meant really was that we don't seem great at really pushing for players....we seem to give up quite easily if we don't agree on the price that the selling club wants......Its not about being taken for mugs...its about getting quality and we are going to have to pay for that....if we don't we will fail to get where we want. The players and agents have a lot of power and we need to use that more (especially if its true that the player really does want to come)

Exactly there is not top tier players available at all basically. Pogba is "available" I guess you can say but for absolutely stupid price.

None of Kroos, Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Messi, Lewandowski, Muller, Alaba, Verratti, Sanchez are available for example. Very hard to buy players that clubs don't want to sell. So we have to mostly sign 2nd tier players, what you can do really.

I can also see City's reluctance to not spunk £65m on Aubameyang, good player, very good infact, but not world class. But we need the best of 2nd tier players and Auba belongs to that bracket so... Maybe they will spend the money.

people were saying that snachez was available at the very start of all this and that arsenal were willing to sell (which I myself found hard to believe)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.