Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Manchester City are refusing to meet Borussia Dortmund's £65m valuation of Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 27. (Manchester Evening News)

Manchester City are refusing to meet Borussia Dortmund's £65m valuation of Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 27. (Manchester Evening News)

Good.

If we are going to spend this sort of money, we should spend it on a player who is not going to be off to the ACN mid season.

Wouldn't sign any other big money player who would be either.

Hope this is just part of the negotiations. If we willing to set the market at 55mil for Kev last summer and Aubameyang arguably had a better season than Kev's last year in Germany....60mil was always going to be the starting point imho!;)

Hope this is just part of the negotiations. If we willing to set the market at 55mil for Kev last summer and Aubameyang arguably had a better season than Kev's last year in Germany....60mil was always going to be the starting point imho!;)
Auba did not have a better season than Kev had in his last year. Kev broke the assists record in Bundesliga and had the highest assists in Europe. Kev is also younger and I do think he was way more upside than Aubameyang (who I think is at his peak).

Good.

If we are going to spend this sort of money, we should spend it on a player who is not going to be off to the ACN mid season.

Wouldn't sign any other big money player who would be either.
I'm sort of with you, the sad thing is someone will pay it. we then have to face that someone at some point, we know what would happen then. I'd try for say 55 /60 m then buy norlito at around 15 for cover for that period and be ready to step up if his form dips.

Auba did not have a better season than Kev had in his last year. Kev broke the assists record in Bundesliga and had the highest assists in Europe. Kev is also younger and I do think he was way more upside than Aubameyang (who I think is at his peak).

Kev was in a poorer team aswell.

Good, paying these amounts will only worsen our stance in the market. About time we start playing hardball ourselves.

And losing the players, great srategy that,will take us a long way.

Other teams lose out on players too. He's ONLY a player, and we have to set boundaries / budgets.
If there's a car you really like and the salesman is asking way too much money, do you still buy it even though it's massively overpriced? it's very rare that someone would do that.

Otherwise, where's the end to it all? how much will the next reserve goalkeeper cost? 100m - just because we 'need' one? We must be seen to walk away from deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.