Pies

influenced by this thread i just got dressed and ran over the chippy.

the shame inside eclipsed by pie goodness.

It's at dark times like this that we must consult the good book, namley Matthew 16:26

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his pies?

OK, some people may claim it reads "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul", but if you read between the lines, you'll know that Jesus was in fact, a big fan of a Hollands steak and kidney pudding.

* Note: I don't know the bible off by heart, I remembered the quote from a film, and googled it to find the actual reference in the bible. I nay bash God.

All,

I knew that "your very own" Champion Pie purveyors Hollands would listen to our comments and it appears I was right. Leanne has written back to me with the following response. Whilst I'm not sure we can yet consider the matter fully closed, we appear to be making significant pie progress. Like our beloved football club our new pastry product providers appear to be keen on soliciting feedback and acting quickly to improve matters. I wonder if the good Sheikh has had a word?

My only concern is that she doesn't catagorically confirm the absence of sultanas or any other of dried fruit but I feel the insinuation is there.

I will send Leanne my details and conduct a full and proper taste test and report my findings.

"Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to write to me, I really appreciate your feedback and your mail was really interesting reading, it’s good to know you like our NEW peppered steak pie and you’re a fan of Holland’s.

In response to your feedback on our chicken Balti pies, we constantly listen to customer feedback from customers; in fact we have a pie panel made up of 15 members of the public who provide advice on how our products can be improved. Our pie panel commented that our chicken Balti pie was too sweet and lacked spice (very similar to your comments below) therefore we reviewed our recipe and will be re-launching our recipe very shortly for the new football season. The new & improved recipe is now made with a rich spicy sauce using coriander turmeric, ginger, chilli & cumin and I am sure you will like it.

I would like to send you some samples of our new & improved Chicken Balti pie recipe, please send me you address details and contact number and I will arrange delivery to you. Please let me know what you think of the new recipe as your feedback is very much valued.

Kind regards,

Leanne"

I can just imagine Leanne being swamped with millions of "Can I have a pie as well please?" e-mails now.

Very important link, obviously hit the press before Didsberry Blue's result:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135122</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.