Pies

There has been no official word from Hollands HQ, however my Pastry ITK tells me an emergency board meeting has been convened. They will signal via the use of a chimney similar to that used by the Vatican when electing a new pope. White smoke will signal that the Sultanas have been removed and black smoke will signal that the Sultanas will remain.

In another interesting twist, an advert in today's Lancashire Evening Telegraph states

"For Sale, 4,632,483 Sultanas. Unwanted Christmas present. Contact Baxenden 835159"

I'll update you on any further developments as things progress. I've got a pair of Cheese and Onions warming in the oven to see me through the next few hours.

Are peoples priorities skewed on here or what?? We are talking about a great institute of our club being ruined before our very eyes.

Yes i'll take the Kolo's and the Roques of this world and welcome them with open arms. But if you expect me to allow sultanas into the club then you have got another thing coming. What is a sultana? I don't even know. If a raisin is a dried grape what are these god awful things?

If this is the Sheik's doing he can take his money elsewhere as far as i'm concerned.

Halfpenny said:
jollycity said:
Haven't tried the peppered steak but I will next match. I had the meat and potato. Excellent pie but smaller than last years pie. Unfortunately, the chicken balti was indeed crap, virtually no meat, tasted like a microwve chicken curry sauce and the pastry was hard even though not overcooked. The burger has improved though, decent thickness of meat. I reccommend bringing a packed lunch or find a chippy outside the ground
Only chippy I pass outside the ground is the one next to Mary D's, which is a bit shit to be honest.

If you can be arsed, walk 5 mins up Ashton New Road past ASDA. At the first parade of shops is the Hong Kong Chippy which provides a quality service, quality product and at a budget to suit even the most frugal of pockets.

Obviously being a pie expert my knowledge of the sultana/raisin/currant market is limited. After all, in my pie eating career thus far I have never had cause to concern myself with these issues. However, in an effort to understand the heinous inclusion of these rascals, I have consulted with a dried fruit ITK who tells me that :-

"A raisin is a dried white grape, predominantly of the Muscatel variety. A sultana is a small raisin, they are seedless and sweet, and come mainly from Turkey. A current is a dried red grape, originally from Greece"

I sincerely hope this is information I have no need to retain.

raisins are there to make sure all you fat bastards have 1 of your 5 a day :p
raisins are there to make sure all you fat bastards have 1 of your 5 a day :p

best.putdown.ever.

is that the official line from the club?

Didsberry blue said:
There has been no official word from Hollands HQ, however my Pastry ITK tells me an emergency board meeting has been convened. They will signal via the use of a chimney similar to that used by the Vatican when electing a new pope. White smoke will signal that the Sultanas have been removed and black smoke will signal that the Sultanas will remain.

In another interesting twist, an advert in today's Lancashire Evening Telegraph states

"For Sale, 4,632,483 Sultanas. Unwanted Christmas present. Contact Baxenden 835159"

I'll update you on any further developments as things progress. I've got a pair of Cheese and Onions warming in the oven to see me through the next few hours.

LIST!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.