Pies

supergrover said:
well done didsberry blue fantastic work, i myself am a resident of rossendale and would like to inform you of my knowledge that a good friend of mine has a cousin who is on this pie panel, and nothing would give me more pleasure than shall we say i befriend this fellow and see to it he takes a nice long holiday, therefore creating an opening for a true blue hero and pastry expert like your good self, just give me the word and i can set the wheels in motion, this kind of lapse must never be repeated and on an added note i hear he is a burnley fan.
best wishes and keep up the good work.

I'm rather keen on this ideas Supergrover though I wish your Claret contact no harm. His interest in Hollands Pies will dissipate when he wakes up each morning and can no longer read their name on his shirt. Pretty soon he will join the dark side and start shopping at Greggs and then for him the war is over.

On the other hand, as my good friend Didsbury Dave will confirm I am practically half human, half Hollands. Many years ago my father was the on-site electrician at Hollands Pies. In those days you could pick up a van full of pastry perfection for not very much money if you worked there and to be fair he filled his boots (and his van).

I watched the once lowly cottage industry that was Hollands grow to the vast Pastry empire that they are today. I like to think that I played some small part in that growth and they in mine.

These days, like everything else I indulge in Hollands Pies in moderation though I have been know to polish off two meat pies in one sitting for lunch when I'm feeling particularly racy.

I am looking forward to tasting the new sultana free, best ever, new improved Chicken Balti pie and hope to see this savoury snack return to its rightful place at the top of every right minded City fans menu.

no harm intended just bound and gagged, and placed into an export trailer which we have going to turkey at the weekend, thought he may like to join the birth place of this dreaded dried fruit he seems to let past the production line without regard for our tastebuds. ; )

NQT said:
Halfpenny said:
Only chippy I pass outside the ground is the one next to Mary D's, which is a bit shit to be honest.

If you can be arsed, walk 5 mins up Ashton New Road past ASDA. At the first parade of shops is the Hong Kong Chippy which provides a quality service, quality product and at a budget to suit even the most frugal of pockets.

There are two chippies quite close together, on Beswick Street in Ancoats. One of them is a Chinese, one 'traditional' but often closed. Both are fine though, and handy if you're walking in from town.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...12742&sspn=0.000793,0.002411&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Shit...this thread has some serious pie experts...you're all from Wigan, right? If not, check the family trees...I guarantee you'll find some heritage...pretty informative too...can you do the history of Spangles next? Total respect....

Tueart's scissors said:
Didsberry blue said:
They did thank me for my feedback though on Twitter! Very professional these pie companies.

Yes very professional, I have now been assured also that a new sultana free version is soon to be unveiled.
What squad number's it going to have?

I do have roots in wigan, and my......well, for fear of his own safety, I won't reveal his relation to me....a relation of mine is on the famous pie panel. Our freezer has had no less than 30 pies in it for almost a year now since he won a years supply of free pies!

I'm gonna lock my kitchen tonight in case a lynch mob comes round!

scall1 said:
I do have roots in wigan, and my......well, for fear of his own safety, I won't reveal his relation to me....a relation of mine is on the famous pie panel. Our freezer has had no less than 30 pies in it for almost a year now since he won a years supply of free pies!

I'm gonna lock my kitchen tonight in case a lynch mob comes round![/quote

Pmsl Scall1...top come back!

last pie i had was way back 3 years ago...went to FA cup game was my birthday treat from uncle....got food posioning lost 2 stone in weight was out for over 2 weeks after i had a pie from city knew it was the pie it didnt taste right at all and i didnt eat all day after that....been very reluctent to buy another tbh....but this year because of the great things the club have done so far since the take over im going to buy one and stop being a big mard....also with ideas to the food/drinks i recently went to munich with a friend he went to watch united in audi cup(i got pissed while they played and watched other game after theres) but at the allienz arena they have a great system for the beer and food....check this... NO CASH just get a card from the a stall....put how evermuch u want on the card(you can even top it up beofer you come to the ground) and just swipe the card wen u get ur shit and off u trot...simple and quick. the cups in the seats are a great thing too lonly for a friendly tho :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.