Pies

Our very own Sad Pie from last years UEFA cup squad

Mark
SadPieCity.jpg

Excellent work Didsberry blue. I have read this thread with a smile on my face but deep down a real concern as for the quality of the Balti pie I intend to consume next week at the home game. My concern is that the MkII pie will not be on sale for sometime due to the back log of MkI pies.

I have given this a considerable amount of thought and think I have a solution. Perhaps you could get in touch with your contact at Hollands and suggest that they inject the stock of old pies with a prawn flavouring. They could then flog the whole lot to another ground just outside of Manchester.

tamworthblue said:
Excellent work Didsberry blue. I have read this thread with a smile on my face but deep down a real concern as for the quality of the Balti pie I intend to consume next week at the home game. My concern is that the MkII pie will not be on sale for sometime due to the back log of MkI pies.

I have given this a considerable amount of thought and think I have a solution. Perhaps you could get in touch with your contact at Hollands and suggest that they inject the stock of old pies with a prawn flavouring. They could then flog the whole lot to another ground just outside of Manchester.

Apologies for the delayed response Tamworthblue. I have been consumed with savoury snack related work since last weeks developments. I have a number of things to report:-

1) I have now consumed three of the six prototype pies. My wife and her sister (or sister in-law if you prefer) stole two others.

2) I gave the one remaining pie to a trusted and voracious consumer of the previous definitive Chicken Balti Pie, Didsbury Dave in order to get some form of independent opinion. No feedback yet, though expected imminently.

3) I have provided my initial findings to Hollands but promised to conduct a thorough evaluation before delivering a definitive verdict.By the second pie, I had become concerned that it might still be a little sweet. However, accompanying the said pie with a cold lager took the edge off the sweetness and yet the spicy residual taste remained. Pie Panic over.

In response to your concerns regarding the fare on offer at this weekends game. I have not received a response from Leanne on this point yet, however I cannot begin to imagine that the new Hollands Mark II Chicken Balti fruit free Pie will be ready in time for this Saturdays game.

Your suggestion re the injection of a prawn based filling and flogging them to our friends in Stretford is a truly innovative idea and I did manage to test this idea with my pastry ITK. Whilst acknowledging the genius inherent within your suggestion. he pointed out two fundamental flaws in your cunning plan.

Firstly, there has historically been no demand for Hollands Pies at the swamp.
They do a bomb on Jellied eels, welsh rarebit, cornish pasties, Irish sausages, Singapore noodles and even Haggis but pies remain a concept shrouded in mystery and a cause of some bemusement for their supporters.

Secondly, although inferior to the previous definitive Chicken Balti Pie, the Mk I pie is still too good for those little red devils.
Having witnessed the beginning of their clubs slow decay through marquee player defection and woeful replacement signings they are looking for anything positive to cling on to. Being able to purchase our new superior pastries is a matter of competitive advantage for us and over the season could just give us the edge we need. I therefore suggest that we enter into some kind of Mancunian exclusivity on the new mark II pie though I might concede a few to Stockport County as they have little else to perk them up currently.

My preferred solution would be to expedite the release of the Mark II pie in time for this Saturdays match. They could then do a 2 for 1 offer of a Mark II pie and a 'bonus' Mark I pie which due to its Sultana content would technically constitute a dessert.

The Oxtail English dictionary defines a pudding as :-

1. cake, pie, fruit, pudding, ice cream, etc., served as the final course of a meal.
2. British. a serving of fresh fruit after the main course of a meal.

The Mark I pie meets both criteria.

I'm thinking out loud here and would welcome any alternative suggestions. I know I'm not alone here.

Until I get ITK info that the MKII pies are in fact on sale I'll be defecting to the peppered steak which I'm hearing good things about.

I think some of you think Disberry Blue is joking about his pie work.

He attended our Christening on Sunday, where he was Godfather to my two twins, armed with two presentation boxes. One contained two perfect City kits for the boys. The other contained a prototype chicken balti pie for my evaluation.

This man is singlehandedly changing the future for City-supporting pie fans everywhere.

Bow down before him, this is Bluemoon's finest son.

Hollands are changing the chicken balti pie in direct response to his original letter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.