Pies

Didsberry blue said:
Big Blue Swede said:
pies.jpg

Love that, I really do. ;-)

I'm going to get them printed on huge placards and also printed on one of those advertisements that airplanes pull through the sky.

Cheers ;)

(Fucking Sultanas)

scall said:
Didsberry blue said:
3) We should insist on having a blue on their tasting panel - a balti guardian looking after the interests of a true blue institution.

We do! We do! And this person is my very own brother. I applied for the Pie Panel, and asked if my brother could come along too, to which Hollands agreed. We went for the 'tests' (and quite rigourous they were too I may add, this was no gimmic) and eventually my brother made it to the panel. I don't think it's a secret either that the MD of Hollands is a blue (from Cheadle).

I can't reveal too much about what goes on at this panel, and there could be a Slugworth-type character trying to steal the recipe for the everlasting pie. But the Chicken Balti Pie has been discussed at length. The panel all agreed that the Mark I fell well, well below the normal Hollands standards, hence why the Mark II was brought out. I think like you, when the doubts about the Mark II were raised, it was the time the peppered steak hit the shelves, which was a good time to 'bury bad pies'.

I don't think I've tried the Mark II, but I doubt I will. I'm a convert to the peppered steak now.

As for your guts mate, I doubt anyone like Hollands would produce a product to give that severe a reaction.

No your absolutely right Scall, as I said the gut reaction is not pastry related but a gnawing knot in my stomach as I just don't think we have the pie we deserve despite our best efforts.

Your also absolutely spot on about the Peppered steak pie. When I was on Blue Tuesday they gave us a couple of the cheeky pastry marvels and my wife, who is not enamoured with savoury snacks couldn't get it down her quick enough. Since then I have found her making excuses to leave the house, she tells me she's going to the gym but I can smell the peppered steak on her clothes when she returns. To lose a woman to another man is something terrible but to lose her to a pie seems somehow..........understandable.

So it seems we have our man on the inside (your brother), he will be very useful to us. We need to plan our campaign properly. Time is of the essence. By my calculations, we could have a trophy by the end of the season and I would hate to think my enjoyment of that occasion would be spoilt by a nagging savoury sweetness that refused to go away.

I could just change to the Peppered Steak pie and indeed for midweek cup games it is perfectly acceptable but the Balti Pie is a Saturday pie and is symbolic of our struggle. It needs fixing.

Didsberry blue said:
BradtheBulldog said:
We love Pukkaa Pies

When I read that all I can see is "We love Manchester United"

When I read it, all I can see is "we love dog shit". Strange.

I don't like the idea of my brother being used as a pawn in the pie struggle. How far are we taking it? Are we doing it Northern Ireland style by painting pies on the side of our houses, or just doing it the technical way through industrial sabotage (i.e. breaking into the factory and changing the master recipe according to our beliefs?)

And on a side note, I have been around the factory and it is the most magical place I've ever been to. To see rows and rows of pies chugging through the factory is a beautiful sight. The oven is the length of a tennis court almost, and the sight down it is heartwarming.

goat boy said:
DB

Frankly I'm astonished, stunned and dismayed, that you shamefully allowed yourself to be so cheaply purchased by the bastards.

I vote you down, and I demand that a new champion be sought immediately

;D

Yeah but to be fair to me it was a whole box of pies they gave me. I'd have sworn blind they had caviar in them if it meant I left with the pies. Every man has his price. (and mine is 4 X Cheese and Onion, 4 X Meat, 4 X Meat & Potato and 4 X Peppered steak.)

This is rather erupting into a scandal isn't it? Like MP expenses or cash for questions, or pies for sultana denial. This truly is Sultanagate reborn. What have I done? I am truly ashamed.

You should see what my brother brings home after his tasting sessions! He won a years supply of pies (365). After the first batch arrived, we literally had to clear the fridge and freezer out. Have you ever tried storing 100 pies in a domestic cooling appliance?!

The good side is that just like earlier today, I was a bit peckish, and had a conundrum, do I take one from the minced meat and onion drawer of our freezer or the streak drawer in the freezer? Steak won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.