Pies

Didsberry blue said:
Yeah but to be fair to me it was a whole box of pies they gave me. I'd have sworn blind they had caviar in them if it meant I left with the pies. Every man has his price. (and mine is 4 X Cheese and Onion, 4 X Meat, 4 X Meat & Potato and 4 X Peppered steak.)

This is rather erupting into a scandal isn't it? Like MP expenses or cash for questions, or pies for sultana denial. This truly is Sultanagate reborn. What have I done? I am truly ashamed.

It's very good of you come clean with it DB. But the bond of trust has been broken, I'm afraid. I'm sorry, but there are now certain questions that have to be asked.

As far as we're concerned, what lengths might you to sate your urges for golden-brown pastry products? What's to say that we won't get up one morning to discover indecent images of you splashed all over the front page of the Sun newspaper, wearing only sheer womens' negligee and a Ginster's Steak Slice?

scall said:
You should see what my brother brings home after his tasting sessions! He won a years supply of pies (365). After the first batch arrived, we literally had to clear the fridge and freezer out. Have you ever tried storing 100 pies in a domestic cooling appliance?!

The good side is that just like earlier today, I was a bit peckish, and had a conundrum, do I take one from the minced meat and onion drawer of our freezer or the streak drawer in the freezer? Steak won.

I believe that scenario is known as a 'high quality problem'.

goat boy said:
Didsberry blue said:
Yeah but to be fair to me it was a whole box of pies they gave me. I'd have sworn blind they had caviar in them if it meant I left with the pies. Every man has his price. (and mine is 4 X Cheese and Onion, 4 X Meat, 4 X Meat & Potato and 4 X Peppered steak.)

This is rather erupting into a scandal isn't it? Like MP expenses or cash for questions, or pies for sultana denial. This truly is Sultanagate reborn. What have I done? I am truly ashamed.

It's very good of you come clean with it DB. But the bond of trust has been broken, I'm afraid. I'm sorry, but there are now certain questions that have to be asked.

As far as we're concerned, what lengths might you to sate your urges for golden-brown pastry products? What's to say that we won't get up one morning to discover indecent images of you splashed all over the front page of the Sun newspaper, wearing only sheer womens' negligee and a Ginster's Steak Slice?

Nah not Ginsters. They are the 'jeremy kyle' of the pastry world. However, I would do a full page spread if it involved Hollands Steak and Kidney Puddings.

I had a MkII balti pie, bright yellow, way to sweet....not a patch on the old dark, rich spicy ones from last season.

I'll be sticking to peppered steak which was very good until they change again.

mekonmcfc said:
personally think this years pies are better, thought the peppered steak was very nice, and my lad loved the hot dog, even ate the bread saying was much better than last year !!! also getting bottled beer at the food stands should ease queues in other areas.

just i need to remortgage everytime i take my lad !!!!
you need a health check

kramer said:
Potatoe and meat are crap not a patch on last season's

Ahh you've made a bit of a mistake their Kramer. Last year was a Meat and Potato which is a different pie altogether and it would be unfair to make direct comparisons with a Potato and Meat.

Didsberry Blue, whilst I applaud you for coming forward so late on this, and I agree that the balti pies are still sickly and horrid, I actually think Goat boy is onto something here.

You did a Herry Redknapp, didn't you?

A brown envelope full of pies bought your silence for over a month.

I actually have it on good authority that Ian Cheeseman and Paul Lake were bought off in the same way when the issue was discussed on Blue Tuesday.

Are you aware that Jason Manford has included a little routine on it in his stand up? He even did it on Radio One. I'm sure now he has taken up the case he'll be getting a mystery brown box in the post, too.

In fact I put it to you now that you've only resurrected this issue in the hope of another sackful of artery-cloggers and a little more public exposure.

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsberry Blue, whilst I applaud you for coming forward so late on this, and I agree that the balti pies are still sickly and horrid, I actually think Goat boy is onto something here.

You did a Herry Redknapp, didn't you?

A brown envelope full of pies bought your silence for over a month.

I actually have it on good authority that Ian Cheeseman and Paul Lake were bought off in the same way when the issue was discussed on Blue Tuesday.

Are you aware that Jason Manford has included a little routine on it in his stand up? He even did it on Radio One. I'm sure now he has taken up the case he'll be getting a mystery brown box in the post, too.

In fact I put it to you now that you've only resurrected this issue in the hope of another sackful of artery-cloggers and a little more public exposure.

I resemble that remark.

As for Blue Tuesday?

Lets just say that there will be two new products coming to market. The Cheeseman & Onion Pie and the Lake and Kidney Pudding.

Its a dodgy business the pastry world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.