Pies

nmc said:
I'm planning a one man rendition of the old squaddie song no surrender at the Wolves game - anyone care to join in?

No sultana's No sultana's
No sultana's
In the Balti Pies.....

Brilliant, definitely one to get going on Saturday

The Mark 2 pie, which my wife and I consumed half of on Tuesday night, caused a split opinion.

I was highly impressed with the stability and taste of the pastry. Some pie manufacturers seem to forget that the whole point of a pie - especially at the match - is that you can pick it up and eat it. If you end up dunking your fingers into the scalding matter it defeats the object - you might as well have a curry or a stew.

The chicken is lovely and the spices well balanced. But i believe it is too sweet. My wife didn't, she loved it.

I think Hollands may have even fooled us all by mincing the sultanas. Or substituting them for another fruit, perhaps apple.

Am I being paranoid here, DB?

the the tune of pink flloyd " we dont need no education"

We dont need no added extras
we dont want no fruit inside

HEY CITY, LEAVE OUR PIES ALONE

Didsbury Dave,

Interesting about the split opinion between you and your Mrs. Might I ask under what circumstances you sampled the MarkII? If the pie is just, just on the edge of being sweet it is possible that the consumption of bitter/lager with the pie enhanced the sweetness just enough to tip it over the edge.

Instead of resigning ourselves to the MarkII being too sweet I suggest we may be able to salvage the situation with some careful preconditioning of the palate. Possibly a couple of sugar lumps immediately prior to consumption?

Not too worried about the pastry consistency as the lad I go to the matches with is from Wigan and I have managed to pick up some of the basic pie manipulation moves from him. Anyone who thinks Eric Clapton has superior digital dexterity has never watched a Wiganer eat a pie at a football match.

TB.

The pie was cut in half and consumed on our patio, with a cold beer at about 10pm on a warm evening.

I think these are aqequate testing condition but acceept that it would be better to test it standing up, at 2.50pm, after having 6 pints of lager. I suppose optimum conditions would also involve a plastic glass of pissy lager in one hand, and a pissed up lad singing Munich songs in one ear.

Didsbury Dave said:
TB.

The pie was cut in half and consumed on our patio, with a cold beer at about 10pm on a warm evening.

I think these are aqequate testing condition but acceept that it would be better to test it standing up, at 2.50pm, after having 6 pints of lager. I suppose optimum conditions would also involve a plastic glass of pissy lager in one hand, and a pissed up lad singing Munich songs in one ear.

That's a very valid point DD...I think true match conditions are required. It may even prove extremely difficult to evaluate accurately until around Dec/Jan when the temperature has dropped and we are freezing our bollocks off and wondering what the f*** Dunnie is playing at.

Didsbury Dave said:
TB.

Plus a bloke in front slagging Dunne off and one behind shouting that Hughes will always be a rag. Also someone brushing past you to go to the toilet just as you're about to take a mouthful of the said pie.

tamworthblue said:
Not too worried about the pastry consistency as the lad I go to the matches with is from Wigan and I have managed to pick up some of the basic pie manipulation moves from him. Anyone who thinks Eric Clapton has superior digital dexterity has never watched a Wiganer eat a pie at a football match.

I think you might be overestimating me! That skill is mainly based on pies from City and any change to the pastry consistency could have disastrous consequences.

A brand new City shirt and a less structurally sound balti pie is a recipe (no pun intended) for disaster.

Almost makes me think that I may have to use a fork...... no, no..... I'm just being stupid now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.