Pitch Invasion?

No they aren’t endangering the players. There’s nothing malicious about a good natured pitch invasion celebrating a title win.

There’s more danger from a poor tackle on a City player during the match.

If and when Pep and the players all come out and ask the fans to stop invading the pitch, then fair enough, title winning pitch invasions may end at the Etihad. I’ve yet to hear that from Pep or from any of the players.

Agree to disagree on the endangering.

The club routinely ask for fans not to invade the pitch. It is clear by their running away from it many of the players don't like it. Does it have to be Pep or them to really say it?

But I am getting drawn into arguing something I didn't really intend to or make that point to begin with. I said as one side of it, chasing after players is silly. That's really all.

Reactions: PPT
What the actual... these are City fans and you want them knocked out by city players.. jeez.

I am not a fan of the pitch invasions nowadays, it's boring tbh. What I saw yesterday was predictably boring but those fans were excited about the 4th title. Nobody got hurt and all in all it was quite a lovely scene with the players enjoying it and the fans behaving themselves celebrating with the players.

The risks are too high though so I wish it would stop. But not by our own players attacking our own fans wtf!
They wouldn’t do it again though would they?

So, yeah they are endangering players, with that type of behaviour. Glad we agree.
Christ pal , with all due respect you can’t have encountered much actual danger in your life if you think fit young athletes are endangered by fans wanting to hug them. Let’s have a bit of common sense here.

Statistically speaking they probably face greater danger crossing the road or stepping out of the shower

Christ pal , with all due respect you can’t have encountered much actual danger in your life if you think fit young athletes are endangered by fans wanting to hug them. Let’s have a bit of common sense here.

Statistically speaking they probably face greater danger crossing the road or stepping out of the shower

Let's not confuse being remiss with 'common sense'. Common sense would be not to invade the pitch in the first place.

But that isn't what I am arguing nor do I want to.

They happen, they will happen, lots of people had a great time and I am delighted for them. I enjoyed seeing so many blues celebrating. Who wouldn't.

Some folk were silly, some not silly. People that put the game at risk by going early, or chased after players, are being rightly called out. No need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist or think you got to fight, for your right, to party.

This has been a fun read. I guarantee 99% of the people complaining don't sit in level 1 ;)

Just to call out a few myths, this crap about the players didn't get to celebrate and have to head straight down the tunnel. I guarantee there wouldn't be much more than a few cheers before they headed down the tunnel anyway. The stage would be getting set up so they are probably instructed to get straight off. That being said why do blues begrudge other blues that chance to do something a bit different and enjoy the moment. I agree nobody should enter the field when the game is still playing and that was down to poor stewarding but the cub absolutely love the pitch invasion. They send the club photographers on the pitch to capture it and because of all the crap of having no fans and no passion, I believe the club enjoy it as long as it is carried out safely. They have to be seen to trying to stop it with the announcements but if they genuinely didn't want it to happen then they would do a lot more to stop it. Look at Wembley and how they combat this issue, very easily done.

It delays the trophy lift - and? For those sat in south level 1 or certainly lower down it's a complete circus anyway. The hundreds and hundreds of media there blocking the view of the fans was a farce yesterday. I don't pay for a season ticket to have to watch the screen when they lift it. At least with the invasion them fans who were blocked from watching our team lift the cup got to have a bit of their own fun.

I have read people calling it selfish? Were you selfish at Blackburn? Were you selfish at home to Birmingham? No, it was fun for the fans, is it not selfish that you want proceedings hurried up because you are too posh to sit on the first tier? It is in our identity to celebrate on the pitch, it's been claimed we don't are and are bored of winning. Not a chance. You can equally not like the invasion and think it is smalltime or whatever you want. Calling for bans and blues to be punched in the face suggest you are more of a problem than anything else though.

10 minutes? The pitch wasn't cleared of fans until about 6-15 and it took another 20 minutes to erect the presentation stage.
Putting the pitch invasion to one side, it was painful and funny at the same time watching how many times those crowd control barriers to the right hand side of the stage were rearranged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.