Pitch Invasion?

The club asks people to stay off the pitch. What makes anyone so important so as to defy this polite request?

The club has to do that.

In reality they know like we know the fans are still going to invade the pitch, that’s why the club plans it out. GMP in front of the away fans. Stewards forming a security cordon in front of the players tunnel.

Of course there will always be over zealous fans who want to hug and celebrate with the City players. But they aren’t going on to the pitch or to grab a player intentionally to hurt them.

You see that up and down the country at the end of the season where players are surrounded, hugged, lifted shoulder high, and carried off the pitch by celebrating fans.

I’ve yet to see a or hear of a CIty player being injured by City fans invading the pitch and celebrating a title win with them once a season.

So, yeah they are endangering players, with that type of behaviour. Glad we agree.

If it happens next season I hope one of the players, probably Haaland who looks like he could pack a proper punch, does a Clough on someone and breaks their jaw.

The players aren’t going to not do a lap of honour are they? What was gained by running on the pitch? What was lost was the players having the time to savour the moment instead they had to flee the pitch. I understood it in 2012 and maybe even against Villa due to the emotion but the game was very different yesterday.

The players know it’s going to happen. The lap of honour is always done after the trophy presentation, not after the final whistle. The player always get the opportunity to savour the moment as they walk around the pitch and celebrate with all 4 stands full of City fans. I was watching Kev waving a massive flag in front of the south stand. :-)

Last edited:
So, yeah they are endangering players, with that type of behaviour. Glad we agree.
No they aren’t endangering the players. There’s nothing malicious about a good natured pitch invasion celebrating a title win.

There’s more danger from a poor tackle on a City player during the match.

If and when Pep and the players all come out and ask the fans to stop invading the pitch, then fair enough, title winning pitch invasions may end at the Etihad. I’ve yet to hear that from Pep or from any of the players.

No they aren’t endangering the players. There’s nothing malicious about a good natured pitch invasion celebrating a title win.

There’s more danger from a poor tackle on a City player during the match.

If and when Pep and the players all come out and ask the fans to stop invading the pitch, then fair enough, title winning pitch invasions may end at the Etihad. I’ve yet to hear that from Pep or from any of the players.
Not sure which it was, maybe the formidables season? There is a pitch invasion and city players are in a huddle and one supporter goes sliding right into them, studs up onto speak. I always look at that clip and wonder how none of them were injured. It’s full on.

People become wankers in the heat of the moment.

If it happens next season I hope one of the players, probably Haaland who looks like he could pack a proper punch, does a Clough on someone and breaks their jaw.
What the actual... these are City fans and you want them knocked out by city players.. jeez.

I am not a fan of the pitch invasions nowadays, it's boring tbh. What I saw yesterday was predictably boring but those fans were excited about the 4th title. Nobody got hurt and all in all it was quite a lovely scene with the players enjoying it and the fans behaving themselves celebrating with the players.

The risks are too high though so I wish it would stop. But not by our own players attacking our own fans wtf!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.