Pitch Invasion?

Just seen a clip of a big’n falling and stumbling his way out of the seats, over the barrier and onto the pitch, with little regard for the steward who tried to stop him.

Just think, that’s there for everyone to see forever.

Endangering the players?
If you look at the guy in the black and red top grappling after Dias, he is 100% endangering him. In that crowd, clearly running away from him like that, lots can go wrong. With a big cup final round the corner, and a chance at the first ever consecutive double. Plus, surely he can see that dias just isn't up for it. Foden sharing a hug or two at a slower stride, that's not endangering him, fair enough. But guys trying to cop a feel of debruyne and others and making them run and dodge out of the way after having played 95 minutes, is just fucking stupid.

As one side of the pitch invasion, that is.

Just a bunch of overweight ‘look at me’ types that have no real love of the club, only themselves.
I’ve not paid my money to watch selfish egos sliding along the pitch delaying the actual footballers who should be on the pitch. Totally unnecessary now - yes, there will be the inevitable justifying it like ‘it’s only fun’ etc etc.
so all those idiots who were still trying to run through the stewards who were guiding them off near the end were just having fun? Those I’d definitely ban. Sorry, what you really mean is, you know it’s wrong and unnecessary, but but but. . . .
oh, and when you say other clubs do it, you’re probably talking about all the lower league ones - name me the last Premier League winning club other than City to invade the pitch. Such small time mentality. Time to ban for life the 1st 200 who actually go on the pitch. Adds nothing to the celebrations at all. Let’s see who’s big and brave enough to be part of that ‘fun’. Please do it!
Christ, you're a bundle of fun aren't you.

I can get excited kids doing it but reality is, we've seen so many of these lifts now and let's be honest, they are a bit dull after a bit. Most of us want to get them over and done with. Them idiotic selfish gits who run on, delay the lift for an hour or so and it takes away the enthusiam for it somewhat. Grown blokes, really do need to grow up a bit!

Has anyone got the clip of slippy G incandescent with rage crying about his keeper being 'assaulted' after the villa 3-2, need to keep myself hard and watched all the vids of goldbridge and arsehole fan TV crying already.

If you look at the guy in the black and red top grappling after Dias, he is 100% endangering him. In that crowd, clearly running away from him like that, lots can go wrong. With a big cup final round the corner, and a chance at the first ever consecutive double. Plus, surely he can see that dias just isn't up for it. Foden sharing a hug or two at a slower stride, that's not endangering him, fair enough. But guys trying to cop a feel of debruyne and others and making them run and dodge out of the way after having played 95 minutes, is just fucking stupid.

As one side of the pitch invasion, that is.
Of course there will always be over zealous fans who want to hug and celebrate with the City players. But they aren’t going on to the pitch or to grab a player intentionally to hurt them.

You see that up and down the country at the end of the season where players are surrounded, hugged, lifted shoulder high, and carried off the pitch by celebrating fans.

I’ve yet to see a or hear of a CIty player being injured by City fans invading the pitch and celebrating a title win with them once a season.

The pitch gets relayed after every season.

Endangering the players?

If there is a fine, it will be nothing compared to what the PL will fine City if they win their case against City, and what City may have to pay other PL clubs in compensation.

You will have noticed yesterday the exact same thing happened as last season.

GMP formed a corden around the West Ham fans. No City fans went near or goaded the West Ham fans. In fact, both sets of fans were celebrating City beating Arsenal to the title.

The stewards all stepped aside on instruction from the club and allowed City fans to get on to the pitch from all 4 stands.

The City fans got on to the pitch, celebrated, and then went back to their seats without causing any trouble.

The PL title winning podium was then set up.

The players lifted the PL trophy.

Pep, the coaching staff, the players and their families did a lap of honour celebrating with the fans who were back on the terraces.

A fantastic day, and a fantastic end to a 4th PL title in a row season.
The players aren’t going to not do a lap of honour are they? What was gained by running on the pitch? What was lost was the players having the time to savour the moment instead they had to flee the pitch. I understood it in 2012 and maybe even against Villa due to the emotion but the game was very different yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.