Pitch Invasion?

A few left near me as they knew they'd be hanging around for bloody ages before the trophy was presented.

I left at the final whistle. I had a train to catch (I always walk back to Piccadilly) and a flight depending on catching that train. No apologies for it.

Not opposed to pitch invasions as such, but it did piss me off against Villa how it seemed to take ages to clear people off the pitch. Five to ten minutes seems to me to be reasonable, but of course that’s purely subjective.
What intensely annoyed me yesterday was the people playing the attention seeking fool by invading the pitch before the actual final whistle had blown. Completely out of order as far as I’m concerned. Everyone in my entire block was livid. The players were clearly deeply pissed off as well.

one of the wankers pinched the corner flag before the game finished but a steward grabbed it of him , put it back in position and held it there until the game finished
Those near the corner including that daft girl who was actually on the pitch should be banned. The rest of it after rhe whistle is fair enough for me.

The fans politely asked the club to back us and publicly call out the UEFA shambles at Istanbul, they chose to ignore us.

Can't have it both ways.

I'm 62 years old, I went on with the mrs, walked to the centre circle, remembered lost friends and my old man, walked off. If we're lucky enough to have the opportunity to do it again, I will.

No biggie.

When the club get fined they can take it out of the season card increase, that should just about cover it I reckon.
Plenty of people who have lost loved ones also stay in their seats. Your logic is flawed - you didn't get what you wanted over another matter handled by the club, so that gives you the right to break stadium regulations and commit a criminal offence. If you don't give a shit about the club and the potential for sanctions then at least think of our players.

Tell you what, I'll take the seat next to you every game, smoke a Cuban cigar and blow smoke in your face because I'm unhappy with FA Cup final ticket distribution.

Plenty of people who have lost loved ones also stay in their seats. Your logic is flawed - you didn't get what you wanted over another matter handled by the club, so that gives you the right to break stadium regulations and commit a criminal offence. If you don't give a shit about the club and the potential for sanctions then at least think of our players.

Tell you what, I'll take the seat next to you every game, smoke a Cuban cigar and blow smoke in your face because I'm unhappy with FA Cup final ticket distribution.

Imagine writing a post about flawed logic and then post that tosh. Waiting a bit longer for a presentation is the same as passive smoking? Quite odd but probably isn't the weirdest thing I've seen posted in here. Without googling what sanction did we get last year? I couldn't tell you and I imagine City aren't arsed otherwise it would be handled differently. All the stewards were laughing and joking saying they know we are going on, they wasn't briefed to try and stop any invasion. The metal bars at Wembley stop a mass invasion and quite easily. With us winning it that often, the club would introduce them if they was that bothered. They also wouldn't brief the club photographers to go on the pitch too taking pictures of fans if they was that bothered. Wind your neck in you fanny.

There's 3 camps aren't there? People that think it's small time embarrassing. People that don't and then people that don't care.

Personally I think if it's not spontaneous and you're a fully grown human being then there's a problem. But I understand there's a pile of people that went in the pitch that think I'm the one with the problem.

Club needs to own it now I think. Lifetime ban for the first 50 you see on the pitch. Enforce it and the problem will go away. Guess the other solution is we stop winning! Historically I can't think of any big and successful clubs that continue to invade the pitch anywhere, might be wrong obviously.....
Ban the first 50? Have we really stooped that low? Also how you deciding who the first 50 are, maybe ask VAR to help you draw the lines

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.