Pitch invasion

Read the law on assault. There was an assault on the Villa keeper, and possibly on a steward. A criminal offence was committed by at least two people.

It's nothing to do with the media 'twisting the narrative', it's about unpleasant thugs carrying out a cowardly attack on an innocent person.
The video shows two potential offences. One is a fan gesticulating at the keeper. It looks more like a wave than a slap. The second incident looks like an accidental collision. I am not condoning it but the evidence so far doesn't show an assault and I think it is being overblown by media. It is nowhere near the scale of the Billy Gilbert attack or the Veirira incident. They are making a bigger fuss of it than they did of the riot at Old Trafford where the police were attacked and the Liverpool match was abandoned. I have not heard of a single arrest for that incident.

Personally I don’t have a problem with the media calling this out and making it a bigger issue than we may or may not believe if it raises the issue so that sanctions rules can be set in the future and clubs know where they stand.
True but the clubs already know where they stand, the burning question is how do they stop it, it's not the fault of the clubs, it's down to the fucking idiots who do it regardless of the warnings, in our case "because we're City, we've always done it".
I don't see a way of the clubs stopping it, it's down to the fans to realise the damage they will be doing to their club if they insist on doing it, even then there will still be some who refuse to conform. Times are so different now and it just can't continue.

The video shows two potential offences. One is a fan gesticulating at the keeper. It looks more like a wave than a slap. The second incident looks like an accidental collision. I am not condoning it but the evidence so far doesn't show an assault and I think it is being overblown by media. It is nowhere near the scale of the Billy Gilbert attack or the Veirira incident. They are making a bigger fuss of it than they did of the riot at Old Trafford where the police were attacked and the Liverpool match was abandoned. I have not heard of a single arrest for that incident.
City have said they will issue bans if they can identify the perpetrators. They obviously take the incidents a lot more seriously than some on here.

True but the clubs already know where they stand, the burning question is how do they stop it, it's not the fault of the clubs, it's down to the fucking idiots who do it regardless of the warnings, in our case "because we're City, we've always done it".
I don't see a way of the clubs stopping it, it's down to the fans to realise the damage they will be doing to their club if they insist on doing it, even then there will still be some who refuse to conform. Times are so different now and it just can't continue.
Agree, and I don't know why people are finding this so hard to understand. Grown adults using the excuse of "the emotion of the occasion" to charge about like a fucking dipstick. The club don't want it, enough said.

I vaguely remember the match at Bangor City a few years later which I think also involved a small pitch invasion. I was on holiday in North Wales at the time.
Very niche, this. Does attending two friendlies in Wales beat Swindon at home and York away?

Reactions: TFC
It's such a shame I think. 80%, probably more, of people who did that yesterday will be too young to remember all the barriers and fencing at football and have only known it like it is now. Its better now. If they bring them back it will be a step backwards. An alternative is for the authorities to take the first few rows out and put meshing or something in. That will mean less fans can go and prices for everyone else will go up.
How do they keep fans off at Wembley? I’ve never been on the lower tier. I can see something coming in because they won’t tolerate this much longer.

We invaded the pitch at Caernarvon in 1969 for the pre-season friendly with a Welsh XI and City brought the FA Cup round. When I say "we" there were about a dozen of us. I touched the FA Cup...

Attachments

• 2936701E-7377-4C06-B0BB-0DDBCB8D5026.jpeg
    2936701E-7377-4C06-B0BB-0DDBCB8D5026.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 9

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.