Pitch invasion

We were ways lined up to be the worst of the worst yesterday with our invasion, and it's playing out to be just that. Didn't look that bad with the alleged ' assault' on Olsen, seemed more like a pat on the head to me and some mimicking in his face which is ridiculous.
No doubt the prem league will come down hard on City, but probably not Everton, we'll see

The video shows two potential offences. One is a fan gesticulating at the keeper. It looks more like a wave than a slap. The second incident looks like an accidental collision. I am not condoning it but the evidence so far doesn't show an assault and I think it is being overblown by media. It is nowhere near the scale of the Billy Gilbert attack or the Veirira incident. They are making a bigger fuss of it than they did of the riot at Old Trafford where the police were attacked and the Liverpool match was abandoned. I have not heard of a single arrest for that incident.
He slapped or punched him on the back of the head (and from behind like a coward), the 2nd one was a deliberate attempt to knock him over (from behind again), there's no defending morons like that. The 3rd one was the only one that may have some doubt over motivation as the video doesn't show his approach.

It's a real pain people invading the pitch. I know we are all euphoric but it would be good to see the players celebrating on the pitch at the final whistle rather than a bunch of selfish supporters.

The wait for the trophy lift is a interminable as it is and pitch invasions just prolong it. It's also dangerous and yesterday created totally unaccpetable headlines; although, TBF, it didn't look like an assault on their keeper. However, it is totally unacceptable to go anywhere near the opposing players not even to royally piss off Slippy G.

I don't see a massive problem with the pitch invasion as the team won the league in the last 10 minutes and celebrating it like that would happen anywhere. I ran on with my dad when we beat Wigan at Maine Road to get to the Div 2 playoff final, you just want to be part of it and you can't really blame anyone for that.

The people attacking players or vandalising the goals are obviously a different story and should be banned/charged and they will be. Unfortunately had a minority not behaved like twats then we wouldn't be talking about it.

To be fair the clubs security team ran to each player and brought them off
A few idiots granted, but the club did a good job there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.