Pitch invasion

They are not part of City folklore, they are part of football folklore, we aren't special.

It isn't about being virtuous either, it's about seeing the bigger picture, Vierra wasn't assaulted but it made the headlines because it happened on the pitch where fans shouldn't be. Previously it's been acceptable, it isn't any more, why can't you get that into your head, times are different, players are being attacked, there's no way it can continue. What about the wrecking of the goal, do you think that's a good look?
It probably does need to stop but only because of the mindlessness on social media. A lot ran on for pics and to boast on social media, not to celebrate the win. We ran on at Maine Road in the playoff win against Wigan in the 90s but it was all about the football then, there were barely mobile phones let alone social media.

One of the things that concerns me is that whilst we are saying ‘it happened in 1986/97/2003 whatever’ it appears that we are forgetting times have changed. In the more ‘innocent’ times, that was more acceptable. Why? Because folk didn’t immediately resort to hitting/thumping/producing a ‘weapon’! They were there for fun and games.
In today’s more ‘sinister/cynical’ age it could be extremely dangerous especially for the players.
If a player got seriously injured would whatever personal insurance the club take out on said player cover those injuries?
We live in strange disturbing scary times. So just some random thoughts from a tired weary Eccles Blue!! :-) :-)

Points deduction is where it will end up.
Points deduction is where it will
Points deduction is where it will end up.

Not yet. It will probably start with City, Everton, Forest etc starting next season playing behind closed doors.

There seems to be a real head of steam building up to stop pitch invasions. They’ll want to turn those fans that stay in the stands against those who invade the pitch. So that it becomes self policing.

On the plus side, we won’t have to worry about August holidays clashing with fixtures

Not bothered about the fans invading the pitch. It happens. Specially after games like that, its like a cork being released

but … clambering over the cross bars and breaking them. If you did that youre a fuckin cretin.

did you try n climb on? Love to hear someone who did give a reason. Apart from being thick as dog shite

One of the things that concerns me is that whilst we are saying ‘it happened in 1986/97/2003 whatever’ it appears that we are forgetting times have changed. In the more ‘innocent’ times, that was more acceptable. Why? Because folk didn’t immediately resort to hitting/thumping/producing a ‘weapon’! They were there for fun and games.
In today’s more ‘sinister/cynical’ age it could be extremely dangerous especially for the players.
If a player got seriously injured would whatever personal insurance the club take out on said player cover those injuries?
We live in strange disturbing scary times. So just some random thoughts from a tired weary Eccles Blue!! :-) :-)

not sure I agree with your point about more innocent times and no violence previously. I’m a bit younger, but I can see plenty of footage of pitch invasions involving violence in the 70s/, 80s and 90s. The Tottenham cup game in particular. The era we are in now has barely any violence at all

thousands of people yesterday and barely anyone overall misbehaved

Points deduction is where it will

Not yet. It will probably start with City, Everton, Forest etc starting next season playing behind closed doors.

There seems to be a real head of steam building up to stop pitch invasions. They’ll want to turn those fans that stay in the stands against those who invade the pitch. So that it becomes self policing.

On the plus side, we won’t have to worry about August holidays clashing with fixtures
No way, but there’ll be warnings about future behaviour. Based on some of the views expressed in here even that wouldn’t prevent the look at me’s from invading the pitch

They are not part of City folklore, they are part of football folklore, we aren't special.

It isn't about being virtuous either, it's about seeing the bigger picture, Vierra wasn't assaulted but it made the headlines because it happened on the pitch where fans shouldn't be. Previously it's been acceptable, it isn't any more, why can't you get that into your head, times are different, players are being attacked, there's no way it can continue. What about the wrecking of the goal, do you think that's a good look?
Wow, City pitch invasions aren’t special ? Strange comment.

Who gives a fuck how it looks man except sad people who live their lives on social media fretting about anonymous comments. The pitch invasion looked fucking brilliant - a pure outpouring of emotion. Spontaneity and exuberance and having fun is what life’s about not standing around like sheep waiting for corporate manufactured celebrations to be delivered to us.

Times haven’t changed - one nutter attacked Sharp and was jailed, all the other incidents are barely even handbags.

There is a world of difference between the 2012 pitch invasion and yesterday's one. Not a good look at all, and a negative distraction.

I thought Kev looked like he was going to get crushed at one point. Imagine hurting your best player trying to get your selfies and me moments. Gundo and Laporte too put on smiles for it but you could tell they wanted off the pitch and away from it. Not to mention wrecking the goals, and having a pop at their keeper.

Just watched the footage. The fat fucker who shoves him in the back can be banned for life for me.
the guy walking backwards with his mobile phone wasnt even looking at him, accident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.