Pitch invasion

He slapped or punched him on the back of the head (and from behind like a coward), the 2nd one was a deliberate attempt to knock him over (from behind again), there's no defending morons like that. The 3rd one was the only one that may have some doubt over motivation as the video doesn't show his approach.

are you sure about that? looks like he patted him on the head to me and the goalie didn't seem bothered by that. The pushing guy was a wanker and needs banning, no need for that. Then the third one that looked like caused the most damage was an accidental collision with a guy walking backwards with his hands out filming around him.

The fact that the majority of people had their phones on whilst filming themselves doing knee slides was pathetic.

I sort of get the idea of running up to a player but its is getting too much and makes the whole trophy lift take too long. I think the clubs will have to install some form of portable barriers that can be raised at the end of a match which will stop the crowds getting on the pitch otherwise players could get hurt. What might have happened if we had been playing Liverpool and we won it like that there would have been a riot so it needs to stop.

Nobody does pitch invasions like we do. They’re a part of City folklore and long may they continue.

The virtuous brigade need to get a fucking grip, the keeper wasn’t “attacked”, he wasn’t even manhandled. The sensationalist media are trying to conflate incidents such as the appalling Billy Sharp assault with non events like Sunday to create a hooligan narrative and all the naive suckers buy into it hook line and sinker
They are not part of City folklore, they are part of football folklore, we aren't special.

It isn't about being virtuous either, it's about seeing the bigger picture, Vierra wasn't assaulted but it made the headlines because it happened on the pitch where fans shouldn't be. Previously it's been acceptable, it isn't any more, why can't you get that into your head, times are different, players are being attacked, there's no way it can continue. What about the wrecking of the goal, do you think that's a good look?

Every title and promotion has resulted in a pitch invasion. I can go as far back at Charlton in 85 and never been a problem since ghen
That Charlton one in 85 was very good natured wasn't it. When we got relegated in 83 it was obviously a lot less so, seem to remember a few City fans going for the Luton players.
Oddest invasion had to be after we beat Sunderland at Maine Road in what I think was the Full Members Cup Northern Area semi final (sounds glamorous doesn't it!) Thought that was a bit of a 'piss take' really. Not so the club who put out a full page warning about consequences of future invasions on the front page of a home match soon after.
At the time I thought the club had gone a little over the top. Looking back though that was quite a dark period for football fans after Liverpool fans had got English clubs banned from Europe after Heysel.

I don’t get it, we never acted like this before, are some nutters out of their heads on booze or cocaine? It is the only explanation. People usually get aggressive when they are angry, not when they are jubilant. These idiots were either not City fans or experiencing strange symptoms through substance abuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.