Pitch invasions

serious question i see photos of people on the pitch this year last year and previous years no punishments are being handed out

Punishments meted out to the club.

Screenshot_2023-05-24-10-26-39-02_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

Now, we do have to wait and see what happens this time round, as it could go one of two ways.

1. There was no violence and it was fairly orderly with no trouble, so not as bad as previous. Could be a lesser fine.

2. We've been warned about our future conduct yet it's happened again, so it could be a bigger punishment.

If it turns out to be version 2, people just need to stop doing it before the punishments become stuff that really matters.

Will we see a pitch invasion if we win fa cup ? No

Will we see a pitch invasion if we win champs league ? No

Why do we see it at City ?

Curious

Last home game of the season.

It’s happened many times when we’ve won fuck all.

I know. This thread has been a sad read. Blue on blues babbling on about being embarrassed, some from their soapbox of the second and third tiers, some from their armchairs. Moaning and complaining, even insulting those who had the temerity to go on the pitch and show joy and emotion, take a few pics and even dare a cheeky knee slide. The utter scamps.

I wasn't on the pitch Sunday even though i had easy access from 110 but I've done a few in the past so i can't really froth at the mouth in anger as I'd feel hypocritical, and for what, venting my spleen over those on the pitch celebrating winning 3 PL titles on the bounce. Sorry but I'll repeat what I've said earlier, those on the pitch didn't affect my enjoyment of the occasion. It was a day for celebrating, let's not forget that. I saw plenty of young fans, men women and children, some who have probably never set foot on our hallowed turf before. I saw new fans, even half and scarf tourists on the pitch. All happy and well behaved.

Those of you moaning have a think because you've probably gone on the pitch in the past, maybe Charlton at Maine Road, Blackburn away, Aguero moment game, etc etc. But they were ok to do so because they were spontaneous outbreaks of uncontrolled emotions, whilst sunday was contrived (or felt like) as Arsenal's loss handed us the league ?

It's not as though we brought embarrassment and shame on the club and i mean proper embarrassment and shame. I didn't whitness an angry baying mob waiting to smash up the Chelsea team coach, nor did i see any zebra pants loon ball and hoody mates breaking into the stadium to cause chaos that led to the game being cancelled. That's proper embarrassment and shame.

I thought the stewards and police handled the situation well and there wasn't any trouble. 15 minutes at most of fans frolicking on the pitch, that's it. And most of those fans are the ones who create a good atmosphere and get songs going. I've sat all over the stadium and several sections are devoid of any proper emotion and atmosphere. Miserable sods sat there in silence is not for me.

These are special times, special times we yearned for many years but never thought we'd see, so enjoy these special times while they last because we cannot take success for granted, and they won't last forever, so celebrate and enjoy the moment.

I'm not condoning a pitch invading celebration and I'm not moaning about it either. But i am a passionate blue who goes to games to cheer the lads on and sing and chant and help create a proper football atmosphere. If I ever get fed being a passionate blue I won't sit in a sterile section of the stadium moaning like fuck about on the pitch blues having having fun. Nah, I'll stay at home and watch on the telly and moan about why we have no atmosphere. Lol.

you know the difference between you and the picky critics on this thread ?

You dont just think about yourself and you take everything in to consideration, very good post that.

i also didnt go on the pitch from 115 where i was, i sat back and smiled at all the fans having their own piece of fun. I was glad that the stewards prevented goal post damage as that isnt on really.

As i mentioned before if we are going to criticize the club go from the angle of the hangers on that somehow manage to get on the pitch during trophy presentation and we all know who i mean by hangers on !

If the club do get fined then lets publish the fines for wrexham and other clubs that have had pitch invasions this season.

Moving on to the next one, we often get heavy criticism for blue smoker, yet in a recent game at wembley between city and liverpool, when the liverpool fans let off smoke bombs the commentator clearly said "you can smell the red smoke bombs all over the stadium now as the liverpool fans celebrate in style"

you know the difference between you and the picky critics on this thread ?

You dont just think about yourself and you take everything in to consideration, very good post that.

i also didnt go on the pitch from 115 where i was, i sat back and smiled at all the fans having their own piece of fun. I was glad that the stewards prevented goal post damage as that isnt on really.

As i mentioned before if we are going to criticize the club go from the angle of the hangers on that somehow manage to get on the pitch during trophy presentation and we all know who i mean by hangers on !

If the club do get fined then lets publish the fines for wrexham and other clubs that have had pitch invasions this season.

Moving on to the next one, we often get heavy criticism for blue smoker, yet in a recent game at wembley between city and liverpool, when the liverpool fans let off smoke bombs the commentator clearly said "you can smell the red smoke bombs all over the stadium now as the liverpool fans celebrate in style"
Some like to moan for moaning sake pal. There's been many posts on atmosphere and lack of atmosphere and i know yourself, @jrb and several others from 1894 group are passionate blues who care enough to try and create a better atmosphere and encourage other blues to join in. Those flags and banners are fantastic btw but i don't want to digress too much from the subject topic so I'll not go on about it further.

And you're right about the hangers on, cling ons more like from the starfish enterprise; ).... I was falling asleep on my feet as they paraded the tea lady and her second cousin. Well not quite but no need for some of them to get mentioned.

As for smoke bombs they look good, well blue ones do, they stink though. When they set off the fireworks and smoke bombs a plume of thick blue smoke obscured my vision of the stage but i didn't moan, no i just went for a much needed piss: )

And you're right about the hangers on, cling ons more like from the starfish enterprise; ).... I was falling asleep on my feet as they paraded the tea lady and her second cousin. Well not quite but no need for some of them to get mentioned.
There was very little of that and they got through the whole lot pretty quick ,a lot quicker than previous years. Also the players came over to the fans a lot quicker this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.