Pitch invasions

It’s not now become a tradition… a City pitch invasion has long been a tradition.

Bert Trautmann testimonial, 1964
League title win, 1968
European Cup Winners Cup final, 1970
Relegating United at Old Trafford, 1974
Relegation v Luton, 1983
Promotion v Charlton, 1985
Promotion v Bradford, 1989
FA Cup quarter final v Spurs, 1993
Last game of the Kippax v Chelsea, 1994
Play-off semi v Wigan, 1999
Second to last game v Birmingham, 2000
Blackburn away, 2000
Agüerooooo!, 2012
League title win, 2014
First home game after league title win, 2018
League title trophy presentation game, 2018
League title win, 2022
First home game after league title win and league title trophy presentation game, 2023

I’m sure there’ll be more I’ve missed and I’m sure they go back further than 1964, that’s just the earliest my Father can remember of them.

City released a documentary about our fans swarming to Blackburn and invading the Ewood pitch.

I didn’t go on the pitch yesterday but I wasn’t particularly arsed that people did. It lasted 11 minutes (I did keep an eye on the time of it), it’s not like it was a 45 minutes delay to the presentation.
Sorry (again!) to be the pedant mate, and the ECWC final is a good shout, but you can’t surely include the 1974 Derby and the Luton game. The former was almost exclusively United fans and the latter was (iirc) a handful of supporters and surely cannot pass the threshold of a pitch invasion, like the ones that followed it.

5 minutes or 30, it’s takes that time for the team to get sorted and the pitch to be laid with all the presentation stuff. Just call it ‘concurrent activity’.
They can’t set up all the presentation stuff as you put it, with all the buffoons poncing about on the pitch.

It’s not now become a tradition… a City pitch invasion has long been a tradition.

Bert Trautmann testimonial, 1964
League title win, 1968
European Cup Winners Cup final, 1970
Relegating United at Old Trafford, 1974
Relegation v Luton, 1983
Promotion v Charlton, 1985
Promotion v Bradford, 1989
FA Cup quarter final v Spurs, 1993
Last game of the Kippax v Chelsea, 1994
Play-off semi v Wigan, 1999
Second to last game v Birmingham, 2000
Blackburn away, 2000
Agüerooooo!, 2012
League title win, 2014
First home game after league title win, 2018
League title trophy presentation game, 2018
League title win, 2022
First home game after league title win and league title trophy presentation game, 2023

I’m sure there’ll be more I’ve missed and I’m sure they go back further than 1964, that’s just the earliest my Father can remember of them.

City released a documentary about our fans swarming to Blackburn and invading the Ewood pitch.

I didn’t go on the pitch yesterday but I wasn’t particularly arsed that people did. It lasted 11 minutes (I did keep an eye on the time of it), it’s not like it was a 45 minutes delay to the presentation.
The 74 Old Trafford invasion was United knobheads.

They can’t set up all the presentation stuff as you put it, with all the buffoons poncing about on the pitch.
Rather than buffoons poncing on the pitch, I saw ‘City fans‘ enjoying another PL title. It was always going to take an age to get Sky‘s cameras in place and get the production going for those at home.

All I now see is Blue on Blue anger which I cannot understand. It was a wonderful afternoon where Blues were encouraged to enjoy the party atmosphere, which they did, and as there was no incidents then all the better.

At least it’s not a big story in the media, probably because we weren’t fighting with United or Liverpool, because if we were then there would’ve been slapped-arse uproar from the miserable twats.

Perhaps some people are seeing their arses because the players spent 30 minutes in-front of the South stand celebrating with the pitch invaders? I don’t recall any of the players or Pep looking pissed off because of the pitch invasion.

They certainly did look pissed off, 100%, when it happened. They celebrated once people were back in their seats.

Maybe the club could stop it by introducing hospitality seating in the first two rows.

Then fans can complain about the club not listening to them or caring about what they want, while not listening to the club or caring about anyone else.

As a side, the changed title here skews the discussions. Pitch invasions have their place and can be anything from brilliant to ugly.

Yesterday's one was a bit shit, and unnecessary. They didn't even look like they were having any real fun ffs. I didn't see any joy there, outpouring of emotion, or celebration. Just people ticking boxes and going through the motions and making sure they have the full collection of photos they had on their to do list. Fuck me a few looked right bored, and were walking around scrolling through their phones.

On this one, rival fans will unfortunately be right when they rip into us for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.