Pitch invasions

Let’s make it easier for the PL. Just tell them to add whatever they come up with to the 112 charges.

Like 1000’s of other City fans I’ll boo their fucking anthem even more.

TBH I couldn’t give a fuck what the PL come up with, but it certainly won’t be a points deduction or matches being played behind closed doors.

I really don’t know where you’re getting these hypothetical PL punishments from.

The club will justifiably say they put stewards around the pitch, put police in-front of the away end, and did every thing could to stop a pitch invasion, but the number of fans invading the pitch couldn’t be stopped.

Agree that the club has a bit of a defence by saying it handled it well. Also, it was calmer than previous ones, because it was won a day previously.

In terms of punishments, I'm just thinking what could happen if the PL decide as 'repeat offenders' they need to increase the punishment. Part of the reason for punishments is to serve as a deterrent - if they see the fines make no difference, they may move on to something else. I'd hope that maybe they'd give us some kind of suspended punishment which would only be enforced if we did it again - but it seems like this would only be delaying the inevitable, as nobody can manage to control themselves anyway.

If it's a similar sized fine with nothing else, then it's almost saying it's okay to do that. Which would then mean everyone should just go on the pitch - but if everyone went on the pitch, it'd be chaos and we'd get in deep shit for it.

So basically it's because 95% of the crowd can control themselves, think of the team, follow instructions and be patient, that the other 5% can manage to ignore what anyone else thinks and do what they want.

So why did the stewards infront of SL1 move away?
Email the club and ask them. On the match ticket it is a condition that any supporter does not encroach onto the pitch. So anybody who does risks being banned and having a criminal record. Plus any extra costs involved in policing or stewarding and club fines will be passed onto all supporters.

It’s not now become a tradition… a City pitch invasion has long been a tradition.

Bert Trautmann testimonial, 1964
League title win, 1968
European Cup Winners Cup final, 1970
Relegating United at Old Trafford, 1974
Relegation v Luton, 1983
Promotion v Charlton, 1985
Promotion v Bradford, 1989
FA Cup quarter final v Spurs, 1993
Last game of the Kippax v Chelsea, 1994
Play-off semi v Wigan, 1999
Second to last game v Birmingham, 2000
Blackburn away, 2000
Agüerooooo!, 2012
League title win, 2014
First home game after league title win, 2018
League title trophy presentation game, 2018
League title win, 2022
First home game after league title win and league title trophy presentation game, 2023

I’m sure there’ll be more I’ve missed and I’m sure they go back further than 1964, that’s just the earliest my Father can remember of them.

City released a documentary about our fans swarming to Blackburn and invading the Ewood pitch.

I didn’t go on the pitch yesterday but I wasn’t particularly arsed that people did. It lasted 11 minutes (I did keep an eye on the time of it), it’s not like it was a 45 minutes delay to the presentation.

I enjoyed reading that post, thanks for that. I mean it.

However, if you are invading the pitch because it is 'tradition', you've pretty much missed the point of a pitch invasion.

If you are invading it to take selfies, pictures of your kids on the pitch, vlogs on a stick, you've missed the point.

If you are invading the pitch to do a few staged shitty knee slides..

If you are invading the pitch to appear on TV..

If you are invading the pitch to try wreck the goal posts, to hold up a shitty banner, to take part in a look-alike contest, to protest ticket prices... you've missed the bloody point.

That's what yesterday's one was, all of the above. The only thing it wasnt, was a spontaneous outburst of joy and emotion. Which is pretty much the main damn point.

And it was obvious well ahead it was never going to be that, this year. It was anything from a piss poor failed attempt at recreating scenes from 2012, to a laughable embarrassment.

The rest, i.e arguing people are miserable, too woke, not working class enough, pitch invasions are good etc etc, is just deflection and a distraction.

Not one person here has said anything of merit about yesterday's one. The only positives noted are, it was fairly short and nobody got hurt. Wow, great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.