Pitch invasions

It’s good to have a reason to run onto the pitch - I’m sure fans at other clubs would follow suit if only they had a reason to…….

"Under FA Rule E20b, clubs can face anything from a warning through to stadium closure and potential points deduction if found guilty of failing to take adequate action."

The club did ask the fans not to go on the pitch. Nobody can argue that point.

But the evidence posted from videos and pictures shows the club knew the pitch invasion would happen, so rather than try and stop it, they decided to contain it with Police protecting the away end and stewards forming a double line in-front of the players tunnel and around the SS goal. That isn’t stopping a pitch invasion, that’s managing and containing a pitch invasion. In my opinion the club took the right decision and handled a short pitch invasion lasting 10-15 minutes long, very well. This time all the fans came off the pitch and went back to their seats without any trouble. Pep, the players and the staff then came on to pitch and the trophy presentation began.

Absolutely spot on. For me, if you don’t like it, don’t do it. But don’t get on your high horse about it.

"Under FA Rule E20b, clubs can face anything from a warning through to stadium closure and potential points deduction if found guilty of failing to take adequate action."
Police and stewards all over the pitch. The number of fans going on to the pitch was unstoppable. H&S reasons will be cited for that. City protected the players, the away end, and didn’t endanger the safety of the stewards and the fans. The fans returned to ther seats without an trouble.

The club did ask the fans not to go on the pitch. Nobody can argue that point.

But the evidence posted from videos and pictures shows the club knew the pitch invasion would happen, so rather than try and stop it, they decided to contain it with Police protecting the away end and stewards forming a double line in-front of the players tunnel and around the SS goal. That isn’t stopping a pitch invasion, that’s managing and containing a pitch invasion. In my opinion the club took the right decision and handled a short pitch invasion lasting 10-15 minutes long, very well. This time all the fans came off the pitch and went back to their seats without any trouble. Pep, the players and the staff then came on to pitch and the trophy presentation began.
Yes - rather than rely on fans not to run on the pitch they should have put fencing up???? What are they supposed to do? We’re heading back to the old days when fans are going to be completely separated from the players & pitch just because some entitled idiots want to do what they want.

Given the media more to hit us with

Was at Burnley last game of the season exactly the same, seen it at lots of other places on TV. It can be said this is small time but many older fans including me have still got a small club mentality seeing ourselves as perennial underdogs and every triumph to be celebrated to the max as it may not happen again. I know this ridiculous as we have just won the league and are in two Cup finals but I just can't shake it off. Dreading the rags final as I can never see us beating them even though we have done it regularly. I'm 66 and feel I am too old to be running on the pitch but I would love to be young again and dancing on the field in celebration. Never expecting to win makes our triumphs all the sweeter,let's stop arguing about and just enjoy our wonderful achievements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.