Pitch invasions

Of course the fine will impact the fans, blimey O'Reilly I'm just a lowly non mathematical personage but even I know that if I have to pay out a huge amount (or even a small amount in my case) I have to economise somewhere else or do without things. Come off it ..... you may not have noticed that our season card price went up this season, and you're trying to tell me that the fine last season hasn't impacted!! Pull the other one!!

Haha you want to go in yeah! Cost of living went up 10%, we have lots of staff to pay and support, sub contractors increasing prices to support their staff and budgets to try and achieve. Means costs for the club go up and that’s why the prices went up. But yeah, you can believe a pitch invasion is the reason we had to increase prices. If that supports your nonsense argument. The grass is the only thing that will be damaged, its 99% artificial, it would cost a very max of £30k for complete repair, and the budget is there for it already. If the clubs security cameras picks out everyone who invaded the pitch, to pay for damages, they’ll all have a hefty fine of around £2 each. Maybe then you’ll have a point.
I'm a pensioner mate and know how much the cost of living has gone up and all the other spurious nonsense and gobbledegook you are trying to bamboozle me with...I still maintain that some of the cost of the fine will be passed on to the fans and no amount of you going on and on about it will ever convince me otherwise.
I've lived 82 years and although I'm not a mathematical or accounting genius, I have as well as being a teacher for years, run my own company and have a son who handles the accounts for a multinational company so please don't try patronising me. :-)

Glad you said this as I had a very close view of this from row A in the NS. Within seconds of the whistle blowing the stewards all drew together as if they were going to stop people. But at the same time there were all these stools that appeared that looked very much like they were there to facilitate people climbing over, and as the fans started getting out of their seats, the stewards all parted as one and said absolutely nothing. It looked very much like the club had taken a pragmatic approach that it was going to happen whatever they said, but if it was gonna happen, it had to happen in a way that minimised risk to the fans, staff, players and infrastructure. I might be wrong, but I saw no-one mobbing players and certainly no-one abusing the goalposts. I even saw stewards chatting amiably with parents who were helping their kids over and fans on the way back. It was, in short, the most civilised pitch invasion I have ever seen. But with that drone hovering over I was not taking part, as the club will have to make an example of some fans to assure the authorities they are acting responsibly, and in these days we all have enough to worry about without a ban from City being added to the pile, so I wasn't going to let that be me or one of mine.

Thank you.

That’s what happened.

PXL-20230521-173623589-MP-2.jpg

Glad you said this as I had a very close view of this from row A in the NS. Within seconds of the whistle blowing the stewards all drew together as if they were going to stop people. But at the same time there were all these stools that appeared that looked very much like they were there to facilitate people climbing over, and as the fans started getting out of their seats, the stewards all parted as one and said absolutely nothing. It looked very much like the club had taken a pragmatic approach that it was going to happen whatever they said, but if it was gonna happen, it had to happen in a way that minimised risk to the fans, staff, players and infrastructure. I might be wrong, but I saw no-one mobbing players and certainly no-one abusing the goalposts. I even saw stewards chatting amiably with parents who were helping their kids over and fans on the way back. It was, in short, the most civilised pitch invasion I have ever seen. But with that drone hovering over I was not taking part, as the club will have to make an example of some fans to assure the authorities they are acting responsibly, and in these days we all have enough to worry about without a ban from City being added to the pile, so I wasn't going to let that be me or one of mine.
Well clearly you weren't looking carefully enough as there were loads of people trying to have a go at the South stand goalposts and security staff trying to stop them doing it.

Did you honestly think the fans wouldn’t run on to the pitch?

As you know very well, by law fences aren’t allowed around the perimeter of the pitch.

I keep on posting this, the evidence from yesterday suggests the club contained the pitch invasion.(very well)

It’s impossible to stop 1000’s of fans from going on the pitch if they are determined to do that.

So, apart from putting up fences, how else are ‘you‘ going to stop 1000’s of (happy) fans from going on to the pitch? Shoot them?
Do you want a list of precautions or would the obvious one do?
First thing that would be tried would be to cover the front 2 or 3 rows of seats with wide netting to make progress difficult, that significantly reduces the number getting through. Yes that cuts down on match day revenue but cheaper than a large fine or partial closure. Unfortunately those fans who normally sit there don't get their usual seat and are relocated, so tickets are then reduced for fans who are not season ticket holders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.