Pitch invasions

The Stairway in SS Filled up right from the start of the second half, all the rows were still full so fuck knows where they came from. Chants of we're going on the pitch were ringing out so it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. As somebody said earlier In this thread, a load of stools appeared in the NS Lower and the Stewards parted, same in the SS.
The club pretty much did facilitate the pitch invasion and all the visual and audio -visual announcements were little more than a disclaimer.

Regardless of people's perceptions from tier to tier, the facts are the facts. The club asked us not to go on, because they got fined £260k last time and were threatened with more serious action next time around. Many of our fans decided to ignore the request and did what they wanted regardless, while MANY MANY others in tier 1 had some self constraint and sat there as the upper tiers did. The excuses and reasoning on this thread are futile, the facts speak for themselves

They do.

But as I keep on pointing out, the club didn't try to stop the pitch invasion, instead they decided to manage it and to let it run it's course, which the club did very successfully. Whether that was done on purpose for a reason we shall see in the coming days.

They do.

But as I keep on pointing out, the club didn't try to stop the pitch invasion, instead they decided to manage it and to let it run it's course, which the club did very successfully. Whether that was done on purpose for a reason we shall see in the coming days.

Is telling people not to go on the pitch not trying to prevent such then in todays world?

Jesus mate, come on. It’s a bit of harmless fun. The club are probably contractually obliged to make announcements to try and stop it. But is it really that big a deal? People just enjoying themselves having a bit of a laugh. It’s not that big an issue surely?
You got half a million quid to give the club for your few mins attention seeking ?

They do.

Thanks for replying mate. I would imagine for health and safety reasons i.e. not wanting to antagonise a large crowd, the stewards and police would have been told not to actively try and physically restrain people. What makes it even more sad is that the crowd simply took advantage of this. Our very own Manchester City Football Club asked us, almost begged us, time and time again not to go on (because in reality that's all they could do) and our own fans went completely against the club. Any yet in the future, as soon as the club make a mistake on something like ticket allocations, many of those same fans will be throwing their toys out saying the club don't care. It's a two way relationship

Last edited:
The Stairway in SS Filled up right from the start of the second half, all the rows were still full so fuck knows where they came from. Chants of we're going on the pitch were ringing out so it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. As somebody said earlier In this thread, a load of stools appeared in the NS Lower and the Stewards parted, same in the SS.
The club pretty much did facilitate the pitch invasion and all the visual and audio -visual announcements were little more than a disclaimer.
The club facilitated fuck all. For the safety of the tossers that went on the the pitch the club had no choice but to ask the stewards not to get involved in something which may have led to violence or a stampede. Don't confused the stewards not being heavy handed with them facilitating anything

Is telling people not to go on the pitch not trying to prevent such then in todays world?

Without physically restraining 1000's of people, the club can't stop all of them going on to the pitch.

The obvious priorities for the club were the players coming off the pitch the players tunnel area, the front of away end, and the SS goal. The club did that.

Without physically restraining 1000's of people, the club can't stop all of them going on to the pitch.

The obvious priorities for the club were the players coming off the pitch the players tunnel area, the front of away end, and the SS goal. The club did that.

No,but that's a different topic and not what i am replying to.

The club did try and prevent idiots going on the pitch by telling them not to go on the pitch.

It was a basic instruction that was ignored.

Thanks for replying mate. I would imagine for health and safety reasons i.e. not wanting to antagonise a large crowd, the stewards and police would have been told not to actively try and physical restrain people. What makes it even more sad is that the crowd simply took advantage of this. Our very own Manchester City Football Club asked us, almost begged us, time and time again not to go on (because in reality that's all they could do) and our own fans went completely against the club. Any yet in the future, as soon as the club make a mistake on something like ticket allocations, many of those same fans will be throwing their toys out saying the club don't care. It's a two way relationship

The club did.

The club, you, me and everyone else must accept that isn't going to stop fans doing a pitch invasion. What it did do was reduce the number of fans invading the pitch as there weren't as many fans on the pitch as in previous seasons.

Given the pitch invasion happened, the club deserves credit for managing it very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.