Pitch invasions

Most organisations will try to balance the way they manage situations. At present the authorities are not hitting us with major penalties. If pitch invasions carry on and the incidents increase harsher measures will be imposed. I don't see that as bizarre I see it as a natural progression.

It’s a yearly occurrence only because we’ve won the PL title 5 times in the last 6 seasons. If Arsenal had won the title this season there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion, just a disappointing lap of honour.

They could put a stop to it fairly quickly. It wouldn't be too hard to work out who went on the pitch plenty of cameras and not difficult to follow someone leaving their seat and getting on the pitch.
Just cancel their season tickets.
Time to put Idol threats into practice.

They could put a stop to it fairly quickly. It wouldn't be too hard to work out who went on the pitch plenty of cameras and not difficult to follow someone leaving their seat and getting on the pitch.
Just cancel their season tickets.
Time to put Idol threats into practice.

What about the match day ticket fans?

Corporate?

Hospitality?

Our new (Hong Kong) supporters who probably went on to the pitch for the first time?(loved it, took selfie pictures, videos, and sent them back to their relatIves in Hong Kong)

And you really think City are going to go through footage and identify every single fan who went on to the pitch, old, young, children, families, and cancel all their season tickets?

Again, absolutely bizarre. Do people actually think sensibly and seriously about things before posting a comment?

I have to get off this thread before it turns me mad.

The club did ask the fans not to go on the pitch. Nobody can argue that point.

But the evidence posted from videos and pictures shows the club knew the pitch invasion would happen, so rather than try and stop it, they decided to contain it with Police protecting the away end and stewards forming a double line in-front of the players tunnel and around the SS goal. That isn’t stopping a pitch invasion, that’s managing and containing a pitch invasion. In my opinion the club took the right decision and handled a short pitch invasion lasting 10-15 minutes long, very well. This time all the fans came off the pitch and went back to their seats without any trouble. Pep, the players and the staff then came on to pitch and the trophy presentation began.

Despite my opinion on the invasion itself (this particular one, rather than AN invasion), I fully agree with all that. The club handled it well in containing it, letting it fizzle out enough to be kept brief, and protecting the players, staff and goal posts.

It is quite evident on this thread there is a difference in what people in the higher stands were seeing from afar, and the more close up scenes on the tv. I.e just a sea of blue in the distance that can be taken as jubilant fans just celebrating, vs what was actually quite a few being a bit twatty for the selfie stick. And a few trying to get to the goalposts again. The stewards did a good job forming a line around them.

Last edited:
It's all just a bit sad now. Desperately trying to recreate the spontaneous celebration of 2012, but that can never happen. To recapture that feeling you need to unfortunately go through thirty odd years of shit, and spend 10 mins thinking you've blown it and handed the title to the rags.
Winning the day before without kicking a ball is hardly the same, and makes it a bit sad. I'd rather see the players celebrating than a load of look at me cunts getting selfies.

Despite my opinion on the invasion itself (this particular one, rather than AN invasion), I fully agree with all that. The club handled it well in containing it, letting it fizzle out enough to be kept brief, and protecting the players, staff and goal posts.

It is quite evident on this thread there is a difference in what people in the higher stands were seeing from afar, and the more close up scenes on the tv. I.e just a sea of blue in the distance that can be taken as jubilant fans just celebrating, vs what was actually quite a few being a bit twatty for the selfie stick. And a few trying to het to the goalposts again. The stewards didna good job forming a line around them.

Yes the pitch invasion happened. It shouldn’t have happened as the club asked the fans not to go on the pitch.

As you say, there seems to be a strange difference in what really happened from those in L2 and L3, compared to those in L1. Those in L2 and L3 seem to have been caught up in watching the general pitch invasion unfold and nothing else. And got annoyed because the presentation was delayed by 10-15 minutes. Whilst those in L1 who were involved in the pitch invasion or watched the pitch invasion know how it unfolded and how it was managed at pitch level by the club.

Yes the pitch invasion happened. It shouldn’t have happened as the club asked the fans not to go on the pitch.

As you say, there seems to be a strange difference in what really happened from those in L2 and L3, compared to those in L1. Those in L2 and L3 seem to have been caught up in watching the general pitch invasion unfold and nothing else. And got annoyed because the presentation was delayed by 10-15 minutes. Whilst those in L1 who were involved in the pitch invasion or watched the pitch invasion know how it unfolded and how it was managed at pitch level by the club.
I watched it from the third tier of the South Stand, and enjoyed it. They were only on about 15 mins and looked to be well managed by the police and stewards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.