Pitch invasions

No,but that's a different topic and not what i am replying to.

The club did try and prevent idiots going on the pitch by telling them not to go on the pitch.

It was a basic instruction that was ignored.

See above.

As I keep on pointing out, whether you like it or not, people, 1000's of them, will ignore instructions, especially when they're happy, drunk, and want to celebrate another PL title win, 3 in a row by a pitch invasion.

When was the last time you were at an away match and the home announcer asked the City away fans to sit down? And the reply from the City away fans was what?

Just out of interest, does anyone remember how many pitch invasions we had in the late 90s - early 00s?

I'm sure I remember going on to the pitch at Maine Road a couple of times. Could they have been for the Wigan playoff 2nd leg? Promotion to the PL / winning the Championship under Keegan? The last Maine Road game?

Doesn't really change it, you know. If the club asks me to do something, and it seems reasonable, I do it.
It’s high spirits. I wasn’t there so I didn’t understand the urgency of any announcements.

The title win in 2011/12 saw beautiful scenes at full time, IMO. I think its been done to death now.

Just out of interest, does anyone remember how many pitch invasions we had in the late 90s - early 00s?

I'm sure I remember going on to the pitch at Maine Road a couple of times. Could they have been for the Wigan playoff 2nd leg? Promotion to the PL / winning the Championship under Keegan? The last Maine Road game?
Wigan play off semi and last home game v Birmingham before Blackburn promotion.

We probably invaded the pitch if we actually won a bleeding game back then

I must admit I didn’t know we were fined last time so my perspective has changed.

Keep off the pitch, Blues.

While I've mentioned the previous fine, I do also feel that if the club seriously wanted to stop fans going on to the pitch there would have been articles on the official site and in the M.E.N asking us not to. I don't think there were any - I certainly didn't see any anyway.

They asked in the ground, but many won't have known about the fine so won't have cared.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.