Pitch invasions

Apart from the pitch invasion, I saw a quick trophy presentstion, which wasn't dragged out like last season, and more importantly I saw a togetherness between the players and the fans, where the players came over to the fans, celebrated with the fans, on their own, in pairs and in groups. It felt like the players really appreciated the support and backing they've had off the fans this season. That togetherness was more important to me than the pitch invasion. Haaland absolutely loved it.

1. No idea why we have stewards they are uterley useless for the main task of stopping pitch invasions. They are only good for showing you to your seat. 2. What was achieved by the invasion ? 30 minutes standing on the pitch and then back to your seat - sorry I really dont get it. 3. For me the answer is catch a number of them, fine them heavily and maybe just maybe it will make ppl think next time. 4. Little kids on with their parents - pathetic example set for the future. 5. My idea other than fines is getting Pep to announce on a tannoy not to invade the pitch - maybe that would have an impact? Tarnished an otherwise perfect day.

Some pitch invasions have been amazing. Blackburn away, QPR home, Villa home. But they felt genuine. Yesterday felt staged. Grown men sliding about, everyone taking selfies rather than savouring the moment. I wasn’t cross, just bored and fed up that the players who should be on the pitch celebrating, had had to leave. My son told me the stewards aren’t allowed to touch anyone trying to get on, so can’t stop it. No idea if that’s true.

1. No idea why we have stewards they are uterley useless for the main task of stopping pitch invasions. They are only good for showing you to your seat. 2. What was achieved by the invasion ? 30 minutes standing on the pitch and then back to your seat - sorry I really dont get it. 3. For me the answer is catch a number of them, fine them heavily and maybe just maybe it will make ppl think next time. 4. Little kids on with their parents - pathetic example set for the future. 5. My idea other than fines is getting Pep to announce on a tannoy not to invade the pitch - maybe that would have an impact? Tarnished an otherwise perfect day.
Not sure how a simple pitch invasion has you so riled up calling the parents taking their kids on 'pathetic', at the end of the day its a bit of fun for the fans, if your letting that 'tarnish' your day then it sounds more like your the problem

See above.

As I keep on pointing out, whether you like it or not, people, 1000's of them, will ignore instructions, especially when they're happy, drunk, and want to celebrate another PL title win, 3 in a row by a pitch invasion.

When was the last time you were at an away match and the home announcer asked the City away fans to sit down? And the reply from the City away fans was what?
If you are happy to see the club fined increasing amounts of even no supporters allowed into the stadium for one or more games this is how it will be

Some pitch invasions have been amazing. Blackburn away, QPR home, Villa home. But they felt genuine. Yesterday felt staged. Grown men sliding about, everyone taking selfies rather than savouring the moment. I wasn’t cross, just bored and fed up that the players who should be on the pitch celebrating, had had to leave. My son told me the stewards aren’t allowed to touch anyone trying to get on, so can’t stop it. No idea if that’s true.
We either need a dry moat ,like Wembley,not feasible due to lack of space probably or some kind of rising netting to keep these idiots off the pitch.
Otherwise invoice all those identified as pitch invaders for a share of the club's fine.
Then follow up on the cleary posted threat that season tickets will be cancelled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.