Pitch invasions

So tell me what was the point of going on the pitch yesterday other than self-gratification and a picture for social media

There’s over a thousand posts on this thread. About half of them will give you clues to the answers you’re looking for.

I’m not overly fussed either way if people want to invade the pitch. It’s the been ‘embarrassed’ by it that I’m struggling to understand.

There’s over a thousand posts on this thread. About half of them will give you clues to the answers you’re looking for.

I’m not overly fussed either way if people want to invade the pitch. It’s the been ‘embarrassed’ by it that I’m struggling to understand.
See my point previously… if it’s truly to celebrate I’m all for it… I’ve done it myself many times… and I will probably do it again in the future…

But when it becomes about self than the team then it does become embarrassing

Equating an illegal pitch invasion against repeated requests of the club and against the majority of fellow fans with the amount of extra time to be added is a new and very strange attempt at justification.

It’s not the time issue - they take far too long to set the thing up anyway. It’s the selfishness. I want to do it so I will.

My point was it’s a sign of a decline in standards in society generally. More litter, more people who don’t care about others. Pants
Fun police alert

See my point previously… if it’s truly to celebrate I’m all for it… I’ve done it myself many times… and I will probably do it again in the future…

Grown adults failing to understand the reasons why the club asked us not to do it, and then going and doing it is completely embarrassing for those who did it.

They also embarrassed the club by doing it, the club have enough shit to deal with on a weekly basis with the footballing authorities and the media without having its own fans adding to it!

I've been on in the past (never went on in 2012, because i was too stunned to take it in, but was on in 2014, and last year after the Villa comeback), and I also remember as a kid in the 70's pitch invasions at the cricket in the summer were commonplace, so never really saw the harm. But, like others have said, there is a big difference between a spontaneous outpouring of emotion, and just going onto the pitch for a selfie. I stayed off this weekend, because it felt forced/contrived, so just hugged everyone around me and waited for the presentation. I do get increasingly worried as well that mobbing the players who often are dehydrated and knackered, after 90 minutes of high intensity football, could at some point end badly. In an ideal world the club could announce that "you will be allowed on the pitch for a short time, but please allow the players to leave the field of play for their safety", and once the players were off, the stewards stand back and signal that it's Ok to go on. I think most people would respect that. This will never happen though, because if there is a crush as people start to go on, the club would be liable for giving consent, so i get why they cant do it. it's a shame because they are great sight to see, and part of tradition, but reluctantly, I think on balance we should knock it on the head now.

Of course you don't, i suspect you are a lot younger than me, so read my post earlier in the thread and it might suggest why it is an issue to some fans.

Not every match going fan is fit and able to invade the pitch and celebrate, perhaps I was when I was much younger, but never considered it, i did not invade the pitch at Maine Road when we won the play off Semi, I was not on the pitch at Blackburn. Now I am older I do consider others around me, the work I do has helped me appreciate why exclusion from an event is unfair and has consequences.

I don't want to spoil fans enjoyment of special moments, but when we won the league with 93.20 we had a motto of #together We should celebrate together and that means don't leave people out, no fan is anymore important than any other, respect other fans and let them enjoy the day as well.
BORING...

So you've done it but now it's EMBARRASSING ?? The only thing EMBARRASSING is YOU...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.