Pizarro Anybody?

yellamcfc said:
LongsightM13 said:
bondsman said:
Dont see how this can be a bad signing.
Agree. But he didn't cost £35m and he isn't brilliant on some child's video game, so he must be shit.
At the very worst, he helps us win the title and tells his mate De Rossi how great it is here and how he should sign for us in the summer

Is that some sort of dig at me?

All I'm saying is: he has played very little this season, we know very little about him, is he gonna be fit enough, will he adapt? etc...

Not arsed if we aren't spending £££££'s, I just think if we seriously want to wrap up the league, go out and get the player/s to get us over the line.
I agree with your last sentence though bud.

Quality.

_45058473_shearer512.jpg

He's older and has experience, here to do what he is told and put in a shift and it's probably costing us nothing really. How can this be underwhelming? Just has "fill in the gaps" written all over it. We weren't ever gonna fill in the gaps with a £30mil player. Just something to do the job until summer. We have plenty of superstars, we need grout to hold the tiles together. I like it a lot.

Project said:
People were underwhelmed with Clichy too. The manager knows his stuff. Have faith.

I wasn't.

Don't know much about this guy though but it doesn't sound like he will do anything for our need to inject additional pace into the team. I'm sure that Mancini does know all that he needs to on this one.

At home if he plays a deep lying role he will have bags of room. The media wank like fuck over Scholes because he is given loads of fucking room especially at OT. Pizarro will have a nice load of room and just pick his passes. Nice signing defiantly one to use when were seeing games out at home.

OB1 said:
Project said:
People were underwhelmed with Clichy too. The manager knows his stuff. Have faith.

I wasn't.

Don't know much about this guy though but it doesn't sound like he will do anything for our need to inject additional pace into the team. I'm sure that Mancini does know all that he needs to on this one.

That's one of the things we need. The other is someone who can play penetrating balls through the middle. We only have Yaya who can do that, and its looking like he will be out for a crucial period.

hopefully we can get some footage on ssn when he lands. i cant watch ssn as we have to watch jungle junction in our house

Neville Kneville said:
LongsightM13 said:
bondsman said:
Dont see how this can be a bad signing.
Agree. But he didn't cost £35m and he isn't brilliant on some child's video game, so he must be shit.
At the very worst, he helps us win the title and tells his mate De Rossi how great it is here and how he should sign for us in the summer

At the very worst he gets caught out by the pace of the Premier League & costs us a crucial goal which ruins our title bid, at the very best he adapts quickly & helps us to win the title.

It's a gamble. We hope it works but we don't know until we see him in the team.
Cheer up

Pizarro will give us something we don't really have in our squad, that player who can spray balls from our half accurately.

He isn't a long-term option and I'd be surprised if he makes more than 6 or 7 appearances. If we were looking long-term for a player of this type we could have gone for Montolivo on the cheap, I think Pizarro is just the cover Mancini wanted and don't think we will take up the option to sign him unless he makes a huge impression.

OB1 said:
Project said:

I wasn't.

Agreed.

I've always liked Clichy.

It looks like we may be slowing our play down further, although he can pick a pass.
Pace is something we are severely lacking, as there are plenty of counter attacking opportunities late on in games that we can exploit when teams are generally pushing players forward, but we can wait until summer for that type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.